Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 GT4 Vs. 718 GTS Verdict

krishcanag said:
To all the guys who talk about "emotion"....A car has 4 wheels, somewhere to sit a steering wheel and a engine/gearbox of some kind.
I bet the same type of guys might say a E type Jag is glorious...when it drives like a bath tub

If you want real emotion drive a women through the gears she will give you far more emotion !!!

:thumbs:

I actually rather like the 718.

I've driven the range in both manual and PDK, tin-top and Boxsters.

My preference (if i was buying one) would be the 2.0 718 with pdk.

But across the 981 and 982 range taken together, my favourite engine is the 3.8 flat 6. Masses of grunt, lovely exhaust note and really suits the chassis.

i don't think there are rights and wrongs - thankfully we all like different things otherwise life would be very dull indeed.

Best wishes to all and thank you to the OP for an intersting reveiew of the GTS vs the GT4 :thumbs:

krishcanag said:
So the guys here like some rule book carry on about flat 6 and yes they are right it does sound better, but what is the point of a car that you cannot hear that glorious sound as it starts from about 5k and as it reaches 8-9k the sound is super, but the reality is you hardly will ever get a chance to hear it on our roads unless you want to be getting tickets. That is a fact. So what is the point?
It's only useful and you get maximum pleasure if it's on a track

Having driven it I would never buy a 981 GT4. That is not to say I would feel the same for the next version

I'm sorry but that is utter rubbish, I drive a 981 GTS at legal speeds and have more 'fun" than almost any other car I have driven. You just play with the gears and the sound and you don;t need to go stupid speeds, its just so much fun. Drive a FI 4 cylinder car like the 718 and that's simply not possible unless you simply want to play red ought Grand Prix which just gets very boring very quickly.

krishcanag said:
To all the guys who talk about "emotion"....A car has 4 wheels, somewhere to sit a steering wheel and a engine/gearbox of some kind.
I bet the same type of guys might say a E type Jag is glorious...when it drives like a bath tub

If you want real emotion drive a women through the gears she will give you far more emotion !!!

So why are you driving a Porsche, save yourself some money and get a ford. Talk about contradicting yourself :roll:

New997buyer said:
jonttt said:
New997buyer said:
jonttt said:
Thanks for sharing your facts but cars are about emotion as much as facts and personally the 718 leave me cold :nooo:

Potato, potato :dont know:

Plonker Plonker :grin:

Any discomfort i feel is for you. I guess a sense of humour just isn't your thing :dont know:

Comedy isn't yours, stick to politics :floor:

Cool.

My Mini has Porsche heritage! :dont know: (because that's why they made it so eh?)

It's just a pity it hasn't got a spoiler I can keep in the up position! :grin:

Obviously, many are stuck on the 981 GT4 just on the sound which I understand, I just won't spend 20k extra to buy any car that is slower it's 14 seconds slower on the Nuremberg track just for the sound. If the new 718 GT4 comes with PDK I would buy it if offered else it might be a R8 V10 +, the best budget supercar

jonttt said:
krishcanag said:

So why are you driving a Porsche, save yourself some money and get a ford. Talk about contradicting yourself :roll:

You missed the point....it's just too much talk about emotion.... Porsche make great cars

So let's say someone makes a car that is slow but plays a great soundtrack linked to you right foot....some of you will go buy it 🤣

For what it's worth, I yearn to own a GT4 but do not feel that way about the 718 GTS. Both great cars but the GT4 is more special, looks better (to my eye) sounds better and is still the best Cayman Porsche has ever made :worship:

ScotGT4 said:
Cool.

My Mini has Porsche heritage! :dont know: (because that's why they made it so eh?)

It's just a pity it hasn't got a spoiler I can keep in the up position! :grin:

:grin: :thumb:

jonttt said:
krishcanag said:

Another chavtastic comment there Jontit. Well may you roll your eyes. I've been on here long enough to witness you chump your fat gums about the selling out of Porsche when they stopped making the 993.....not long after you'd acquired an, er, 993. You filled this forum with stories of how water cooled engine Porsche's ruined the brand and how you'd never consider an M series engined car because of what they represented.

Contradictions?

Fast forward a few years and you're at it again. Talking up the M series engined Boxster because....you have one. And telling everyone who'll listen how it is the best and blah blah blah. But of course that's not a contradiction...nit when you do it. You've lots of money so what you do is always correct.

Which would be fine. But you belittle those who dare to not follow the Porsche ownership path you do. And that isn't fine.

You may have bags of money Jon, but that'll never compensate for having zero class. :loser:

I'm not the only one to find him offensive then :floor:

Here's a photo of him with his good lady wife.

Attachments

• considerably_richer_176.jpg
    considerably_richer_176.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3,849
New997buyer said:
jonttt said:
krishcanag said:

Another chavtastic comment there Jontit. Well may you roll your eyes. I've been on here long enough to witness you chump your fat gums about the selling out of Porsche when they stopped making the 993.....not long after you'd acquired an, er, 993. You filled this forum with stories of how water cooled engine Porsche's ruined the brand and how you'd never consider an M series engined car because of what they represented.

Contradictions?

Fast forward a few years and you're at it again. Talking up the M series engined Boxster because....you have one. And telling everyone who'll listen how it is the best and blah blah blah. But of course that's not a contradiction...nit when you do it. You've lots of money so what you do is always correct.

Which would be fine. But you belittle those who dare to not follow the Porsche ownership path you do. And that isn't fine.

You may have bags of money Jon, but that'll never compensate for having zero class. :loser:

What a load of crap :hand:

If you want to be specific I have made no secret over the years of the fact that I do not like the 996. Thats for various reasons which include its looks, its interior, the fact porsche shafted owners with a flawed engine design, etc... etc.... The reason you took such a beef to my liking the 993 over the 996, other than you being a plonker in general with a massive chip on your shoulder, is that you happned to own a 996 at the time :floor:

We have been through this many, many, many times over the years, hell there is even a thread somewhere just about the two of us arguing :thumbs: but we basically agreed to stay out of each others way. Thats pretty easy for me as you don;t really contribute much other than to "politcal" threads :roll:

I fundamentally disagree with the comments made by the OP on this thread, based on my actual experience and opinion. I make no apology for that. I am always considerate to the "feeling" of other porsche owners and only comment when I genuinely feel it valid and in the appropriate thread. I felt this thread was appropriate to both have and express an opinion. Again I make no aplogise for that.

Whereas you once again simply wait in the background to take another opportunbity to create an argument and make it personal. I've no problem with that but it works both ways :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back