Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CGR Automotive new exhaust fitted; feedback

Counter Of Beans

I had a new cat back exhaust fitted at CGR Automotive in Rotherham a few days ago, and I promised Charlie Roper (it's his company) that I'd share my experience on here.
Background: my car's a gen 2 Carrera C2 PDK. I really like the car, but there is almost zero exhaust note as standard, so that had to be addressed!
I contacted CGR after seeing a post from neil_911 on here; I spoke to Charlie who is very helpful and knows his stuff. I asked for the least noisy of the three versions that they do - although Charlie reckons they can tailor the sound to individual preferences. The exhaust took a few weeks to make, then I drove up to Yorkshire for the fitting (included in the price in my case). The guys had quite a job getting the old rusty bolts off (the ones from the cats to the centre muffler especially) but the new exhaust was quickly fitted once they had done that. It took four hours start to finish.
I've attached pics and a sound clip which I hope works!
I really like the noise! It's subdued but growly at low speeds pottering about, but has a lovely howl at higher revs - it's quite addictive actually. There's a little bit of cabin resonance on the motorway, but only in 7th gear and only under load - such as a long uphill bit. Apart from that is sounds just like I was after, I'm very pleased.
The fit and finish is top class - it's properly TIG welded from 304 stainless, it's back purged and looks really good, in my eyes anyway. Plus it's a fair bit lighter than standard.
So if you want an alternative to Dansk, Top Gear, Milltek etc. but you can't stretch to Kline or Akrapovic, then give Charlie a call at CGR. Top fella and a good bunch of guys working there; recommended.

Attachments

• at_cgr_from_rear_left_resized_517.jpg
    at_cgr_from_rear_left_resized_517.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 1,814
  • at_cgr_from_rear_right_resized_144.jpg
    at_cgr_from_rear_right_resized_144.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 1,815
  • at_home_rear_view_resized_715.jpg
    at_home_rear_view_resized_715.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 1,814
  • at_home_underneath_resized_753.jpg
    at_home_underneath_resized_753.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,813
Looks great....

The rear-muffler solution is very similar to some of the 'after hours' mufflers I have seen online.

Thanks Kingb4........anyone know how I can attach a mp3 clip of the sound?? The photos added but not the mp3 file.
Mike.

That looks very nicely made, good to know another name for quality exhaust manufacture in the UK.

Enjoy giving it the counted beans :thumb:

Hey mike, glad you're happy!

Looks just as sweet as my CGR one. Interested in how yours sounds with the 4 silencer option. Mines very raw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBXsrxQNvk

Literally can't drive it slowly cos that howl is too addictive :lol:

Haha yes I know what you mean Neil, I like that its subdued but growly at low revs, but has that lovely howl about 4k revs, really nice.
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back