Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

shabs said:
Congrats on the Bentley Phil, I went from c2s to Bentley GT back to a c4s. The Bentley is a superb ride/drive, a real gentlemans express!

I just missed the 997 too much and after doing my b@***cks in depreciation (18K in 18 months) I switched back, but I do miss it and if i could run to three cars would have another right away.

I've promised myself another one in the future, but only once I cant manage to get my bulk in and out of a 911 anymore :grin:

As mentioned previously, keep on top of the batteries, you have the later model so hopefully no leaks on the plastic air-lines, dodgy rotten wiring looms, clunky sat nav and lousy rear heated screen....all of which affected stuff pre 57 plate.

Look forward to hearing more on the GT and hopefully your newly revived Gen 2!

....btw, as you are the mod king around here, the Bentley GT really can handle a lot more power than you currently have, consider a remap at the very least, I remapped mine and you lose that very slight lag as you press the pedal, it literally flies off the line!!

Thanks for the info on the bentley mate :grin: I was impressed to see it could be remapped to 680bhp very easily. but at the moment just using it as the family bus so dont need the extra oomph mmmm yet lol. plus saving all my pocket money to whatever needs doing at Hartech to the Porsche . might have to get a morning paper round as well :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Thanks for the info on the bentley mate :grin: I was impressed to see it could be remapped to 680bhp very easily. but at the moment just using it as the family bus so dont need the extra oomph mmmm yet lol. plus saving all my pocket money to whatever needs doing at Hartech to the Porsche . might have to get a morning paper round as well :grin: :grin: :grin:

Surley doing a paper round in the Bentley will cost more in petrol than you will make :?:

Any update on the 997 yet mate?

Thefinn said:
Phil 997 said:

Surley doing a paper round in the Bentley will cost more in petrol than you will make :?:

Any update on the 997 yet mate?

:floor: :floor: :floor: nothing new to report on the 911 mate , I hope Hartech are keeping it clean :grin: :grin:

I'm not being funny but Hartech are now flogging tables made of knackered engines, could yours have been a donor Phil ? :thumbs:
#furnitureforsale

Your chance to own a piece of history.....

Gents , I have finally some updates about my car. All you gen2 owners will be relieved to hear that the issue is not related to the gen2 engine in any way. After dropping the engine and opening up the engine Baz and his team found some very unusual debris in the engine and after analysing the material they found it was from the material used to make cats, so they pulled the 200cell cats from the car and found one had broken up. This metal had then on overrun been sucked back up into the engine and caused the damage .
This would explain how nobody except the best of the best was able to identify the issue. So finally and big thanks to Baz and the Hartech team :worship: :worship: we now know what caused the issue.
It seems the pistons are ok but the liners are damaged the crank and other parts seem to be ok, but I will get a full report soon along with recommended options for rebuild once Baz has had a chance to consider what would be the best for my car .
It seems that the car was before I brought it originally fitted with a custom made in the fareast sports exhaust, when this was fitted it was ridiculously loud and unplesant to listen to, So it was then fitted with cargraphic valved boxes and centre muffler delete kit, but the 200 cell cats from the original fareast custom job were left fitted and its these that have failed and caused the issue. So an interesting and unusual problem that I doubt many of us would have considered has happened , and another lesson learnt about using cheap nasty made in the far east parts on our cars.
I havent got any recourse on this as you would expect when dealing with the Fareast other than to learn from it and when refitting new 200cell cats make sure they come from a reputable source, As the rest of the exhaust is Cargraphic it makes sense to use Cargraphic 200 cell cats on the rebuild.
:grin: I will keep you all updated :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Phil,
Sorry you had to go through this, but glad you got the answers you need. Once again, another example of being in the very best of hands.

Wow, glad you got to the bottom of this, who would of thought!!

Glad you've got to the bottom of your problem. Who would have thought that the 200 cell cats would be the culprit? Best of luck with the rebuild, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
:thumb:

What Phil has failed to mention is that despite a Bentley and two Porsches between us we still ended up going to Sandbanks for bacon butties in my emergency car - a 1998 Toymota Corrolla (the only one of my fleet with a tow bar so I'm keeping it!) :oops: :floor:

He asked me to park waaaaay down the road from the coffee shop... unusual for him to want to walk that far :floor: :floor: :floor:

Blame a leaky power steering pipe on the Bentley and err... Porsche ownership! :puh:

That was funny Jimbo, the only car we had working that day was your old toyota muck spreader , hope you didnt mind me wearing a balaclava :floor: :floor:

Phil, Glad you've got to bottom of the cause of your troubles at last. Just hope it's not too expensive to get it sorted so you can start modding again and fix the Bentley :D

I suppose that is good news and bad news Phil, at least you know what the cause is, but still have to hand over a big wad of cash to get it rebuilt :sad:

We all have bad car weeks boys, a few weeks back I had to limp the Merc home 60 miles with a terrible grinding noise from the rear end, chucked my tools in the Boxster and used that for work the next day and by the time I got home the water pump bearing had gone, chucked my tools in the 911 the next day and was hoping and praying that these things don`t happen in 3`s :grin:
All mended now though, with my own hands :D

kurlykris said:
I suppose that is good news and bad news Phil, at least you know what the cause is, but still have to hand over a big wad of cash to get it rebuilt :sad:

We all have bad car weeks boys, a few weeks back I had to limp the Merc home 60 miles with a terrible grinding noise from the rear end, chucked my tools in the Boxster and used that for work the next day and by the time I got home the water pump bearing had gone, chucked my tools in the 911 the next day and was hoping and praying that these things don`t happen in 3`s :grin:
All mended now though, with my own hands :D

:thumb: Kris I know the feeling when that panic sets in that you might have to get the old Raleigh Chopper out for work :floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back