Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BC Racing Coilovers

c4kum

Trainee
I'm thinking about lowering my 2009 997 C2S, its not my daily, I do about 4K a year, I am no racer but looking purely from an aesthetics point.

Although I have not heard much about BC Racing or how they perform they do appear excellent value for money.

I know some members here are using BC Racing Coilovers so what are they like, whats the quality like, what's the ride like, how do they compare to the more expensive options Bilstein, Koni etc, what are your personal feelings on them, any recommendations or endorsements on them would be appreciated.[/list]

They used to be well liked in the Subaru world, now alot wouldnt touch them with a shitty stick due to quality

kingston said:
They used to be well liked in the Subaru world, now alot wouldnt touch them with a shitty stick due to quality

I've seen a good few STis with BCs, as well as a few MINIs. I think they were liked because you could specify spring rates. But if you're merely lowering, why not just add some fresh dampers and lowering springs?

I had BC coilovers on my old MR2,

the only issue I had with fitment was I needed shorter droplink for the rear, other than that I had no issues with them, about 36 different settings for dampening and as previously noted you can specify different spring rates.

I've fitted some to mine a few months ago, I've only covered around 1000 miles since but certainly no issues so far.

Factor in new top mounts for the front, I also changed coffin arms with powerflex bushes and new drop links.

A work colleague has run BC coilovers on a BMW for a few years without any issue also.

All in all I'd say they're good value, I've run damping adjustable KW and Bilstein in the past on other cars and can't notice any difference in day to day use (i don't track cars).

I had BC coilovers on my BMW M3 for a few years, Car was a daily covering around 12k miles or so. They were excellent

ninenineseven said:
I've fitted some to mine a few months ago, I've only covered around 1000 miles since but certainly no issues so far.

Factor in new top mounts for the front, I also changed coffin arms with powerflex bushes and new drop links.

A work colleague has run BC coilovers on a BMW for a few years without any issue also.

All in all I'd say they're good value, I've run damping adjustable KW and Bilstein in the past on other cars and can't notice any difference in day to day use (i don't track cars).

Thanks ninenineseven, reading up it looks like you have to disable the PASM, did you have to do this.

They're highly regarded in a lot of modified circles but they are a "budget" coilover at the end of the day. If you can afford better (Ohlins, etc) then they'll be a much better suspension, however if you're looking to drop the car and not spend a lot of cash then the BC's are great

c4kum said:
Thanks ninenineseven, reading up it looks like you have to disable the PASM, did you have to do this.

It depends how much warning lights bother you :lol:

I purchased durametric pro to remove PASM, I have disabled it but it now gives an incorrect coding error I presume as it can still detect the PASM module plugged in.

I've not looked into it any further but I presume if I remove the module from under the dash then this will go away. The other option is to spend circa £300 on a "PASM delete kit" which I guess is just resistor on the end of a PASM cable.

Just bumping this 2018 thread rather than making a new one...

Does anyone have any recent experience with BC Racing coilovers?

I don't track my car and mostly use it on the weekends so it's more from an aesthetic point of view but wouldn't want a really harsh ride either.

Be good to get any opinions and feedback from those running BC's.

I think you'd be better off with a decent brand such as KW, Bilstein or à–hlins. In isolation they seem OK, but driven back to back, the BCs just don't have the same level of body control.

KW's are double the price though.

I think my alternative would be lowering with Eibach springs and then sacrificing the adjustable height.

I've had BC's on a stripped out track E36 and another set of budget coilovers on another E36. They were both fine, but they were track cars on a budget.

I've got Bilstein on the 997 and KW on another car. Both are great. I'd say your money is better invested in the DSC control module to provide a better ride (assuming you have PASM), couple that with a set of decent lowering springs and decent geo and I think you'd have what you want, plus a better ride at a fraction of the higher quality coilovers price. Possibly similar to what you'd spend on BC's (I've not looked how much they are nowadays, or for a 997).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back