Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

I have been so busy that I have barely looked at my car for weeks never mind drive it!
Must do better. It was meant to be my daily...:oops:

I'm with you mate. Jury's still out for me.

Ps. I love it when people say thev've been "busy" :grin:

Can mean so many things.

Y2K said:
kas750 said:
It is and also the oldest known Golf GTi which is lent to VW.
The finest collection I have ever had the pleasure to view. :worship:

I can't believe that's a Porsche Centre. Looked like a museum! 8)

The silver GTi is 'better than VW's own' apparently and the guys at Wolfsburg borrow it when they want a nice display car. The red GTi is one of the original development cars.

Wow that collection sure was something! - as someone said before me like a museum - in fact it looks better than the Porsche museum! LOL

:worship:

Loving the custom cars like the 944 shooting brake and all those Audis!!

I've tinted my number plates with film.
I know this won't be for everyone but I think it suits the black bodywork.
The screw cap covers will be replaced with dull stainless pan head screws.
Its hard to see the difference in a photo particular the rear because of the garage light.

Looks good to me and it will certainly help keep them looking new, you can just replace the film to get rid of all the bugs and stone chips.

What film did you use?

maldren said:
Looks good to me and it will certainly help keep them looking new, you can just replace the film to get rid of all the bugs and stone chips.

What film did you use?
Cheers :thumb:

I searched eBay for number plate tinting

Stainless screws fitted and colour matched using ford electric orange.

From a recommendation on here I bought one of these flush(ish) fitting usb plugs.
Works well and is a nice snug fit in the cars socket.

FYI - just in case you weren't already aware from other threads on here - your radio reception will go to hell while you are charging your phone.... and I seem to remember it will also suffer while this is merely plugged in i.e. it has a slight draw at all times

As long as you know that is the cause, you don't risk spending a fortune and time on a new head unit, etc

(more than a few of us seem to have spent some time down that particular rabbit hole! :wall: )

demon said:
FYI - just in case you weren't already aware from other threads on here - your radio reception will go to hell while you are charging your phone.... and I seem to remember it will also suffer while this is merely plugged in i.e. it has a slight draw at all times

As long as you know that is the cause, you don't risk spending a fortune and time on a new head unit, etc

(more than a few of us seem to have spent some time down that particular rabbit hole! :wall: )
👍

demon said:

It's an expensive rabbit hole, unfortunately.

A good friend of mine (who designs and makes amps, amongst other things) reckons that it's the Nokia amp having an issue with other electrical items (specifically the DC:DC converter in the charger) sharing the same ground as it.

The issue should not appear if the car has no amp, is the good news (if we are right).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back