Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil pressure.?

stucart

Montreal
Went for a spin this aftie , spirited in parts, all good, pulled back onto drive and allowed engine to idle for minute and noticed Oil Pressure?
4.5- 5 Bar on idle hot, surely something not right, Rev it and it rises slightly ?
Never actually noticed if it's always been like that.
What you reckon.?

Cheer Iain, I'll try that in a minute, thinking about it never seen it like that before today. It's under OPC warranty anyway. Stu

Spot on, (as usual) ign on reads 1bar without engine running ( should have thought of trying that) .
Where's the sender located? Is it a 5 minute job for OPC ? in other words am I going be able to wait while they do it once booked in ? :lol:

may be a 10 min job if they have the right bent spanner lol .

Its a waiting job for sure .

Sender is o/s/r on the cam cover .. top side .. a bent spanner gives you access .. or a crows foot from the top .. spanner is the easiest though .

Mind you for warrenty then theres all the paper work and VAL reports .. maybe 30 mins after that rubbish .

Thanks,
VAL reports ???
Not a problem using the car is it? ( as its obviously just a sensor fault ?)

I'll ring OPC later see what they come up with.

I have the same issue, no warranty for me but just ordered a new sender.

My gauge is always pinned to 5 when the car is running, it sometimesssss drops to 3.5 if I let the car idle for over a minute but the slightest touch of throttle sends it back to 5 where it remains for a few minutes before it starts to sink down to 3.5 again.

It's 0 with just ignition on.

MarkGolf said:
I have the same issue, no warranty for me but just ordered a new sender.

My gauge is always pinned to 5 when the car is running, it sometimesssss drops to 3.5 if I let the car idle for over a minute but the slightest touch of throttle sends it back to 5 where it remains for a few minutes before it starts to sink down to 3.5 again.

It's 0 with just ignition on.

Mine had these symptoms - a new sender fixed it

Sorry young man .. Porsche Jargon .. A VAL is a Vehicle Analysis Log .. something thats required by Porsche warrenty . about a 10 min job .. a readout of the software on the car basically .

Yes you can keep driveing the car .. you have a seperate low pressure warning system and also a seperate way of checking the oil lvl .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back