Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VMAX200 29th September 2018

Wouldn't interest me to take part but might be OK to spectate. Straight line sprints don't excite me I'm afraid - my love of Porsche cars is how they drive on twisty roads (or tracks) rather than sprint times.
Anyone with a re-mapped TTS would find it useful though even as a one off to see how fast their car is.

Let us know how you get on Tom...... I am heading to RPM Technik on Saturday morning for their 'Saturday Surgery'.....

Daughter's birthday on Saturday :birthday:

Otherwise I'd be calling Shotgun :shooter:

Hope you get 210+ :thumb:

Gorsh said:
Wouldn't interest me to take part but might be OK to spectate. Straight line sprints don't excite me I'm afraid - my love of Porsche cars is how they drive on twisty roads (or tracks) rather than sprint times.
Anyone with a re-mapped TTS would find it useful though even as a one off to see how fast their car is.

I did a Vmax last September and agree partly to this. I was curious as to how my car would perform against some really proper fast cars after a visit to 9 Excellence. I wasn't disappointed. I was very pleased with my cars performance. We didn't go daft with the tune and I'm running ~600hp.

I too love the twisties (don't we all?). I definitely don't need any more poke to enjoy my car. Even now the torque will break away those 305 sectioned PS4S's if I'm too eager on the gas exiting a corner.

Vmax is a great event though and definitely worth a look. There were some amazing motors there to browse. Petrolhead heaven :thumbs:

Just had a look at the faq, no spectators :eek:

Where is it held - can't see that either?

Gorsh said:
Just had a look at the faq, no spectators :eek:

Where is it held - can't see that either?

Yeah, it's all fairly low key regarding spectators. There were spectators when I went. Mainly passengers who'd traveled in cars attending plus a few more.

When I did it it was at Bruntingthorpe but I think it's shifted to another airfield now.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Gorsh said:

I did a Vmax last September and agree partly to this. I was curious as to how my car would perform against some really proper fast cars after a visit to 9 Excellence. I wasn't disappointed. I was very pleased with my cars performance. We didn't go daft with the tune and I'm running ~600hp.

I too love the twisties (don't we all?). I definitely don't need any more poke to enjoy my car. Even now the torque will break away those 305 sectioned PS4S's if I'm too eager on the gas exiting a corner.

Vmax is a great event though and definitely worth a look. There were some amazing motors there to browse. Petrolhead heaven :thumbs:

What speed did you run?

Not many Porsche's there yesterday.

I will let Tom spill his results :grin:

The 17 year old porka did good. 214.5mph on standard pump fuel with a bit of meth spray to help lower intake temps. We did not have time to tune for it and now I'm not sure it needs it. We could easily add more boost too. It will run out of gears at 225ish so there's little point in doing it. My goal was to break the 200 barrier which was done last year but I had unfinished business. The car was driven to vmax and home with no issues. Both kids seats will go back in and it will resort back to family and life duties. The car is an absolute credit to both Matt at Fearnsport and Rick at Unicorn Motor Developmets. I am one happy boy and love my old 996 even more than I already did.

Mezgerite said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Gorsh said:

What speed did you run?

Not many Porsche's there yesterday.

I will let Tom spill his results :grin:

Last September:-

196mph. And still accelerating. But what I was more chuffed about was 3rd in the 0-60 (3.02) 3rd in the standing quarter mile (11.02) and 4th in the 0-100 (6.64)
Looks like there was a stronger field yesterday but there were some seriously quick cars there when I attended. When I rocked up I saw laptops hooked up and race fuel being added to GTR's.... But I smoked most of em with my 911 turbo on pump gas- no water or meth...

911tom said:
The 17 year old porka did good. 214.5mph on standard pump fuel with a bit of meth spray to help lower intake temps. We did not have time to tune for it and now I'm not sure it needs it. We could easily add more boost too. It will run out of gears at 225ish so there's little point in doing it. My goal was to break the 200 barrier which was done last year but I had unfinished business. The car was driven to vmax and home with no issues. Both kids seats will go back in and it will resort back to family and life duties. The car is an absolute credit to both Matt at Fearnsport and Rick at Unicorn Motor Developmets. I am one happy boy and love my old 996 even more than I already did.

Ooooft! Bloody good going Sir :thumbs:

911tom said:

Amazing effort Tom :)

How is the surface there? Do you still need to tape up the front of your car to protect it?

Well done Tom! That is seriously quick. Its amazing how versatile these cars are......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back