Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cross pipe

Topgear are a site sponsor and offer all members 10% off.

I'm in for a Group buy on the H&S!!!! Anyone else keen??

Update - just had the H&S cross over pipe fitted and to be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed. A bit more noise on start up and at high revs, no real difference in mid range.

I was hoping for more noise. Gundo hack will have to be next.

For reference, I don't have PSE. Just stock exhaust.

Thanks for the update. I haven't fitted a cross pipe yet as I'd really like to hear the effects first.

MR997 said:
Thanks for the update. I haven't fitted a cross pipe yet as I'd really like to hear the effects first.

Where are you located?

benbuhagiar said:
Update - just had the H&S cross over pipe fitted and to be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed. A bit more noise on start up and at high revs, no real difference in mid range.

Ben, what your describing is what many would call perfect , which is why the exhaust note is so personal ,as some like me and it seems you want a hooligan element to the exhaust note, gundo will be about £250 you need to decide if its 1.5" or 1.75" tubes or look at topgear sports exhaust boxes which I would imagine would be around £450/480 the state of your current boxes would be worth looking at before going gundo.

benbuhagiar said:

Have you been through any tunnels with windows down yet?

Have you heard the car from outside with someone else driving?

It does sound better, it's just hard to tell from the drivers seat.

When the technician pulled my car into the workshop for the gundo, I thought it sounded great, and got nervous that gundo was a step too far.

If it's any consolation, from the drivers seat I was underwhelmed after my gundo, but thats far better than feeling like an ASBO chav.

A couple of months in and I think the tone and volume is just right now (it got slightly less raspy after I added bmc air filters).

I had to recalibrate my expectation having come from v8's. I've just accepted that a flat 6 way behind you will never sound like a burbly V-engine up front. Screaming from 4K revs is how these engines sound best. (Especially in a tunnel)

James

Thanks Phil. If I wanted a quiet car, I'd buy a Prius. I'm currently losing the noisey car battle on my street to a E46 M3 and a Nissan 350Z.

I've checked out Topgear and can only see the the Valvetronic boxes for £999 - 10% forum discount. Can't see any other options.

Hi James, no I haven't been through a tunnel yet or had someone drive the car whilst I'm outside. Will do both of those things soon.

I've also got a BMC air filter. What size gundo did you go for? Where abouts are you? Would be good to hear your car for comparison. Im in Kent.

A V8 soundtrack would be perfect. I've got a Maserati Granturismo or Aston Martin Vantage on my radar for the future.

I've got 1.75" banana type gundo (£250 at DW near Silverstone). If you want pure volume, you might be better going for the gundo that directly joins the inlet and outlet.

In Derby so a fair way from Kent.

Not let anyone drive mine since having the gundo, need to do so.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back