Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Boxster buying (now 2.7 Vs 3.4?)

A good spec S should hold its value :thumb:

But as we all know the GTS WILL hold its value and may even appreciate :grin:

Does the S have the full leather interior ?

jonttt said:

Yes full leather, I do love the alcantara in the GTS but I can have this done in the S. It has full electric seats, folding mirrors, auto dimming mirrors, heated sports seats, PASM, Sport Chrono, Sports exhaust, Satnav, PTV, PCCB, Burmester stereo Bi-Xenon, Park assist. The list goes on.

isysman said:
jonttt said:

Yes full leather, I do love the alcantara in the GTS but I can have this done in the S. It has full electric seats, folding mirrors, auto dimming mirrors, heated sports seats, PASM, Sport Chrono, Sports exhaust, Satnav, PTV, PCCB, Burmester stereo Bi-Xenon, Park assist. The list goes on.

Sounds amazing!
We a month into our S and just had a PPF and ceramic coating, wheels, callipers etc, the result is nothing less than amazing, you won't be disappointed in an S with the sport exhaust with chrono and sport plus it makes all the right noises!

Attachments

• cfb40086_2839_40e4_8be4_104a2e536196_475.jpeg
    cfb40086_2839_40e4_8be4_104a2e536196_475.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 6,472
isysman said:
jonttt said:

Defo the S, cracking colour and would compliment a red I phone 7 nicely :thumb: :grin:

If that's the GTS at Bolton I looked at back in June when they had 3 GTSs in the showroom but I think it didn't have PCM. So 'S' would be my choice too.

Looks like OPC Bolton to me. Offered me the worst price for my Cayenne when I was looking to out it for a Cayman. Lower than WBAC :floor:

Zingari said:
Looks like OPC Bolton to me. Offered me the worst price for my Cayenne when I was looking to out it for a Cayman. Lower than WBAC :floor:

Yes they are low balling me, hence the deal is still up in the air. Going to Monaco tomorrow so not sure what's going to happen for now.

The S sounds a unicorn spec but no good if they are lowballing you on the trade in. Pity as your trade in is such a nice car and it's the wrong time of year to sell private. Have you advertised it on the boxa forum :dont know:

I know it is not the same but....

Mrs L just sold her BMW 120d via Evans Halshaw - £500 more than WBAC - painless too

Might be worth a look if you need to shift it fast?

That S looks great btw....

The S looks like an amazingly well specced car. :thumbs: I would personally struggle not to buy that, even if the trade in were rubbish. There are so few cars lucky enough to have been bought on a no expense spared basis, that you probably won't see another for a long time.

The GTS is a fab car - had one for three years and it's very easy to like. The only 'buts' for me were that I wished I'd specced PCCB (!!!) and a manual 'box. The pdk is clever, but I just prefer the way a manual 981 drives. Lastly, GTS are sometimes reported as having a slight back-ground drone. Whether it bothers you or not is a personal thing. I believe it to come from the additional resonance tube ('sound symposer') fitted to the intake plumbing.

Good luck :)

So I emailed to reserve the Boxster S today... they took a deposit on it this afternoon. I was waiting to hear back from Oliver about a price on my car. Pissed that he never contacted me. If I was in the UK I'd be throwing a brick through their windows about now.

:sad:

Aaaargh no! That's crap. Hope it's not someone who's been reading this thread!

mangobay said:
Aaaargh no! That's crap. Hope it's not someone who's been reading this thread!

Yeah I wonder...

I was so pissed, he asked me if I'm still interested in the GTS, but I felt like saying I'm only interested in giving you the finger. I'm really tired of the way the sales at Porsche Wilmslow and Bolton have treated me.

Bu$$er! I was wondering how you'd got on here - sorry to hear that

mikeluke said:
Bu$$er! I was wondering how you'd got on here - sorry to hear that

I am sure that the new owner will be along in the Newbie section soon to introduce himself :hand:

To be fair, the iMan did all the prep work for any potential buyer, so a quick phone call to seal a deal was all it needed from someone :bandit:

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back