Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel spacers...

I'm running 15mm all round on my 997.2 c2s and have noticed no difference in handling on road or track.

Just looks flipping awesome :D

I got mine off a guy on fleabay who was very helpful and got me the right length bolts and matching locking bolts as well. My car does feel a bit better when cornering but that might be just my fertile imagination plus a new DSC module!

The guy on ebay is tech_world_direct think the whole lot cost me about £70.00.

Boba fett said:
Magic919 said:
I'd be wary of any spacers that alter the wheelbase of a car.

What nonsense is this and Why !!

..snip..

It's not nonsense. Spacers alter the track, not the wheelbase.

Magic919 said:
Boba fett said:
Magic919 said:

..snip..

It's not nonsense. Spacers alter the track, not the wheelbase.

yes my error used the incorrect term when I said wheel base meant wheel track , but what I was getting at was a wider track should improve handling :thumb: and lowering should further improve that :grin:

I expect the wider track to improve cornering grip a bit. Improved handling is something else.

Boba fett said:
Magic919 said:

I have run Spacers on my Porsche's for over 20 years, even Porsche will sell you 5mm versions.

So why do you think Porsche only go up to 5mm? My guess is they (Porsche) have a solid engineering reason. Give em a tinkle... :) Put em right!

Norfolk & Idea said:
Boba fett said:
Magic919 said:

I have run Spacers on my Porsche's for over 20 years, even Porsche will sell you 5mm versions.

So why do you think Porsche only go up to 5mm? My guess is they (Porsche) have a solid engineering reason. Give em a tinkle... :) Put em right!

I have got 17mm OE spacers on my 997 they are a 996 part number, spacers with the bolts attached which I punched out to fit my 997.2. I didnt take a photo of them but here's a photo off the internet of the same thing an OE 17mm spacer

tequipment part number 17 mm: part no. 000 044 500 10

Attachments

• spacer_147.jpg
    spacer_147.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 946
  • spacer3_179.jpg
    spacer3_179.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 944
Tequipment page link

/Users/admin/Desktop/Каталог Tequipment 911 (996).pdf

Here's a picture of mine with 15mm all round.

Attachments

• img_20170828_173003_627x460_105.jpg
    img_20170828_173003_627x460_105.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 898
Magic919 said:

Porsche ran 5mm spacers as standard on the 996 GT3. I assume you mean track rather than wheelbase though?

MC

MisterCorn said:
Magic919 said:

Porsche ran 5mm spacers as standard on the 996 GT3. I assume you mean track rather than wheelbase though?

MC

MC I think Magic was hinting at my wrongly used term of wheelbase instead of wheel track further up the thread in this comment. :thumb: but good info that Porsche felt it prudent to fit spacers on their flagship cars. :thumb:

I always wonder what size rims and offsets (and indeed ride heights) the engineers would actually use, if they didn't have to comply with (a) all the various global homologation rules, to allow the use of snow chains in winter and so on, and (b) the demands of the marketing teams for massive diameter rims and ultra low profile tyres.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back