Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Third radiator install on C2?

blanc

Hi,

I picked up a used third radiator and hoses to install on my C2. I assume I will need a tpiece to add in the additional rad?

Has anyone here done this to a C2?

I drive my C2 MY02 6MT with 80k miles as a daily in temperatures averaging 50c in the summer. Today I dropped off my daughter at school and it's 45c. I don't have a third radiator, my car is completely standard and has been serviced at the main dealer since new. I hope this gives you another perspective if you are adding it for cooling purposes.

I would not fit one unless it was only used on track, or is thermostatically controlled. The thermostat on the 996 is on the return side, if you increase the cooling you will reduce the coolant flow and increase the temperature at the point where the coolant leaves the engine. Exactly the opposite of what you want.

MC

Thanks, I assume this is why people install a low temp thermostat ?

That is mainly done on the 3.6 to keep temperatures as low as possible to reduce the chances of bore scoring.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back