Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

I had a badly blowing exhaust my indi suggest a new
Shiny expensive system
Found a local performance exhaust garage that build new systems from scratch in SS they cut out a problem area and replaced with. Flexi joint
Cost £200 and I still have my PSE original system on the car

Result may be worth checking before you commit to a new exhaust

996 mike

Attachments

• 5ba0e285_5c57_408d_8e13_cf59f7ea135d_182.jpeg
    5ba0e285_5c57_408d_8e13_cf59f7ea135d_182.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7,198
big_pete said:
Sorry that supposed to say how much ?

Pete there are three types of 200 cell cats for the 997.1
the regular bore xpipe
the big bore xpipe
the cross over
all three are listed in the link

https://www.topgear.co.uk/exhausts/porsche?mfp=15-model[911%20(997)]

rememberer 10% discount off the list price for forum members

:thumb: :thumb:

Cats

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference in real terms ?
I want to keep my standard sports exhaust and I would like to fit gt3 throttle body and a different intake, where is the best place to buy these from as well ?
Thanks pete

Pete, have a read of the sharkwerks and fabspeed websites as they both advocate different preferences one for the cross over and one for the xpipe , it really is personal choice . re the big bore xpipe all I can say is thats what I put on my gen1 based on the theory of more air in faster gas out equals more BHP all of them will fit with your PSE .

re the TB/ plenum whichever you buy you will need a remap so choose someone who knows these cars if your north then chip wizards if south then maybe regal or DMS but there are also others . best ask of the forum.

personally I would use the IPD throttlebody plenum set up ,the eurocup carbon one has a poor finish inside and that will disrupt airflow. , I used them on both the gen1 and gen2. ideally you would find a used IPD on here or another forum or ebay otherwise its down to googling the best price which is unlikely to be design 911 :grin:

if your putting a duel cone or a single cone induction kit on do it at the same time as the remap as it needs to be mapped in and it would be a pain to have to get your remap tweaked for it. I have a fabspeed performance induction on my gen1 but that was after much research and finding the gen2 OE airbox isnt true cold air like the gen1 airbox is . this is due to big holes in the bottom to allow rain to run out . when doing the gen1 I have to admit I couldnt find better than the OE airbox with a BMC filter and the resinator delete silicon hose cap mod. others may have a different opinion though.

Pete , based on the set of mods your thinking about you mustn't get obsessed with top end MAX BHP as what you want and will get is a change in the power curve giving you more power in the usable low and mid range which is where you want it in a fast road car. so when its dynoed the curve is the important bit the max bhp is only pub bragging rights lol and wont make it a better driving car. :thumb: :thumb:

other things to consider fit braided brake hoses as that 15ft quicker stopping may just save your life or bodywork.

also these cars have quite light steering as I am sure you have found , I fitted a harmonically balanced 4" underdrive pulley and shorter belt, this redirected unsued energy from the engine to the back wheels which was nice but the biggest win for me was that it made the powersteering very slightly heavier this gave me much more confidence in the cars manuverability , also on that subject , semi solid engine mounts with transform the handling as will lowering it a bit.. theres lots of other little things but I will leave it there for you to chew on :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil that is brilliant , I will keep my eyes open for a second hand intake and throttle body, I was thinking bmc filter in standard air box
I have only had the car a week and loving it, just sold my 996 c4 so getting the feel of my 997

big_pete said:
Thanks Phil that is brilliant , I will keep my eyes open for a second hand intake and throttle body, I was thinking bmc filter in standard air box
I have only had the car a week and loving it, just sold my 996 c4 so getting the feel of my 997

bet you want to make the 997 a bit more raw like the 996 was , yes the bmc in the airbox with the silicon hose and delete bung is the best option mate for the gen1. I would get on and do the bmc filter and hose bits asap as you will be impressed at how it stops that wheezy engine noise and the engine breaths so much better and more freely. 15 min to fit job :thumb:

Yeah had the same added to fabspeed exhaust on my 996
Love the 997 already

How straight forward is it to fit a new combined switch panel to my 2005 Boxster 987, with the Sport Exhaust switch and controlling the valved exhaust system?
Is the wiring harness the same for all cars, if so does this mean the wiring will go to the engine bay?

Question for those who have 200 cell on their 3.4...

Can anyone tell me the differences between the straight and X version of these... and standard/larger diameter?

Is there a live discount code available? I need some big bore headers for my turbo. Thanks

Today is the first time I've properly driven my 996 C4 for any distance with the newly fitted Sports sound boxes & 200 cell X-pipe cats. Theres a noticeably deeper tone with more noise level than the Dansk boxes my car had previously & as the revs increase, it sounds IMO more like a GT3 & feels like it pulls more strongly with a hint of some burbles on the overrun. I'm sure the system will increase slightly noise-wise as it beds itself in.

For those wondering, I fitted the boxes/cats at home just using a trolley jack/axle stands though my exhaust clamps had been changed earlier in the year. My DIY skills are best described as competent though the one exhaust hanger needed the fixings drilling out as they were truly rusted & the worst part for me was trying to get the exhaust tips on properly/secured. I replaced the 02 sensors for ease as well :thumbs:

The straight 200cell cats came back in stock yesterday so ordered a set, considering a remap too, what's the deal with the topgear remaps are they proper live remaps on a dyno and how much?

Yes I know remap doesn't do much, but dragging the torque curve a bit to the left so you get a bit more mid-range oomf would be nice.
My local tuners referred me to Wayne scofield chipwizards, we'll see.

Had my 200cell cats fitted yesterday to my 3.4: certainly adds some sound, you might find it a bit much if you only want a bit more and already have mild boxes so a gundo hack with a small tube would probably work, otherwise some stainless manifolds adds a bit more sound but fitting could be a swine, I have a set but it's already loud enough for me now plus my manifold bolts are Titanic like so we decided against that. I've got PSE so pretty glad of the ability to switch to something more neighborhood friendly

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back