Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another what''s it worth thread.

Locosaki

Going to be selling my 911 as I'm about to pull the trigger on a GT3.

I've spent a fair bit on it but at the end of the day it's 1999 C4 coupe in artic silver, it's done a 153,000 miles but has been rebuilt with Hartech and is still under warranty. I've done some suspension works as I've been working my way through things but the car I'm about to buy I know and it's a must buy so mine is going.

I've got a diary in the members section and really looking for some guidance here really, I know we all think our cars are worth strong money but realistically how many sell at top dollar.

Starting figure of 10k for mine which is about rebuild cost, sound possible ? My other option is break it and sell the engine

If the engine has had a proper rebuild then the mileage is less relevant. I paid just over £9k for my 1999 C4 with aerokit and sports seats on 190k miles. Yours must be north £11-12k with the rebuild.

MC

It's not new liners etc but they were rerounded and strengthening rings fitted so essentially now closed deck, upgraded IMS and a whole host of other bits 10k so quite comprehensive. A hell of a lot of other parts also, coil packs, knock sensors, lambda etc etc. Basically should be a good sound enigine for many of miles

Mot today with no advisories so can't be bad. Going too see the GT3 tomorrow with a view to putting the deposit down if all seems good, can't think it won't, I've never driven one before so hopefully a big step up from current C4

Did you buy it :dont know:

Probably out there now, ragging the sh!t out of it :grin:

Too busy to post pics up here for us all to see :sad:

:thumb:

Not as yet, the person who currently owns the car is all over the world with work but mostly at the drop of a hat, we were gonna head down at the weekend but he contacted to me to say he's off for a bit so I'll need to bid my time.

I would agree with what has been said above, looking at your build diary your your working your way through the minor things also with the main problem of the engine done.

Has to be a 13k car all day long if all checks out and drives fine.

I just done a deal with my C4 ( I had 2) for a Focus RS MK1, the focus was for sale for 13250 and I swapped the 911 for it. The 911 was needing a clutch and the air con wasn't working.

If yours checks out good you'd be mad selling for 10k unless quick sale is needed 'but if selling for a GT3 I'm assuming money isn't tight lol

Well still not been to look at this car yet but the owner has valued the car at 71k so it's a bit more than I was told to begin with.

I'm gonna head down for a look at it around the end of next month as that's when we're both in the country at the same time.

Regarding mine, quick sale not really needed but I'd rather not have both sitting around or the wife would likely have a go. I've not even looked at advertising yet as I've not had a minute with work being so busy then heading away for a bit towards the end of the month.

I'm gonna get this advertised over the coming days, any pointers as to where is best, EBay I've never been keen on so piston heads and maybe auto trader.

Out of curiosity, what kind of money would be in the engine to sell on, I know breakers ask 5K for something that's over 90k and could be a stones throw from needing attention.

Evenin' Loco,

Well done on the planned move to a GT3. 8)

EBay attracts loons but it is still most people's go to site. Maybe try EBay, here and the others you've mentioned.

I was speaking to my mate the other day and if it was a year or so's time I'd have been interested as my plan is to buy a reasonably priced but high miles Hartech rebuilt car, swap the engines over between mine, then resell the high miler with my 65k motor in it. If I lose £2k-£3k due to it not having the Hartech'd engine anymore then I've got a Hartech rebuilt engine for my car for £2k-£3k.

Just a little plan I keep coming back to. Although my current engine is running sweet as a nut, so I'm not undergoing the hassle this winter. Hence maybe next year, or maybe never, who knows. :D

Good luck with the sale though. Someone will want it with that big mechanical question mark removed from the equation.

And good luck with the GT3. Awesome cars. :thumb:

Sold my 996 C2 last month (to move on to GT3 funny enough); advertised on PH & eBay, all the enquiries came from eBay. Advert went up on Monday, car was sold / money in the bank on Friday.

Stick with the facts, facts and more facts, and a few decent pictures. Best of luck!

Markey 911, that's a great idea regarding buying a car for an engine and doing a swap, certainly limiting the cost that way. As I say, top idea. Looking forward to the GT3, even for the fact of just saying I've had one.

Wasz, I agree completely with what your saying, 14k I'd be happy but as you say it would likely take a while, I'm kinda hoping the fact the engine still has 6 month warranty left that it would help sell the car for that money but as you 10k it would go quick. Who know.

Y2K, thanks for the info I might well try it on eBay with a classified add.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back