Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Koni TA Sport shocks

Haha, just noticed you're in deepest, darkest northern Scotland!

You'll have much better roads round there than I have in the southeast.

jezgreen911 said:
Looking forward to your feedback, looks to be great buy :thumb:

Fitting next week, so will provide some initial thoughts the following week.

Quite excited to see what the car feels like once they are on. Cup steering wheel has already massively improved the driving position, and coupled with new suspension I expect it to feel like a new car!

Put shocks on one of these non Hartech'd cars and if it goes bang you're into McLaren 720S money. Fact.

Don't do it.

Keep it moving, nothing to see here.

GMG mk2 said:
Put shocks on one of these non Hartech'd cars and if it goes bang you're into McLaren 720S money. Fact.

Don't do it.

Keep it moving, nothing to see here.

:floor:

^^^^

Ouch baby, very ouch.

Remember, before you judge a man you should walk a mile in his shoes....

That way, when you judge him you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.

Just picked up the car. Only driven it back to work from GT One, so will need to give it a proper drive over the weekend, but 1st impressions are good.

Only needed a rear stabiliser mounting in addition to the shocks and springs... so no massive additional cost. Ride height looks good, and it will likely settle a bit lower as I get some miles on it.

It's set up one level up from full soft, with X74 alignment. Over rough town roads (I drive everyday), it's firmer than before which is no surprise as my old shocks had 170k on them and blew through their travel before hitting the bump stops over big bumps... but it actually feels more comfortable as there's much less suspension movement.

Glad I had chance to drive it with the Cup wheel before I fitted the suspension - the wheel makes such a big difference I'd have needed to mentally separate the 2 changes... overall, it feels like a very different car now... much more direct to steer.

Looking forward to having a more spirited drive at thee weekend.

I'll get some pics at the weekend - it looks nice... not mega low, but will likely settle a bit more. It looks to have a small amount of rake, but I'll need to have a proper look to be sure.

1 up from full soft is half a turn - I think the shocks have 720* of adjustment (will check). Doubt I'd want it any firmer for daily road use.

Might look for some new ARB's as Indy said mine had quite a bit of surface rust.

Best news was it only needed 1 small part (inexpensive) in addition to the springs and shocks, so the bill was sensible for once :)

That's right - rebound is adjustable.

I'll need to drive it a bit before deciding if I want to change anything. Though I already don't think I'd go any harder on the rear with the state of the roads round here!

Glad to hear all went well with the installation and I look forward to reading your further review :thumb:

I'll sort a better photo, but this should give you an idea of ride height

7iImjcg.jpg

Low enough for me for road use.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back