Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FVD Motorsport Oil Pan - to fit 996/997/986/987 - SOLD

krispe

Monza
FVD Motorsport Oil Pan

Removed from my 997.1 3.8S as the car was returned back to standard prior to selling.

Fits all M96/7 engines. 996, 997.1, Boxster 986, boxster 987.1, Cayman 987.1

Fitted the FVD sump as a precaution for trackdays due to its increased capacity and better baffling. (I had previously noticed oil pressure drop on my gauge at Silverstone going through Village and Loop with the standard sump).

From FVD's web site:-

Scavenging and aeration in the oil pan have been identified as a problem in the 996, 997 and Boxster models that experience high G-forces on the racetrack.

FVD has the solution:
The "FVD Motorsport" oil pan has the baffling concept of the X51 oil pan. It also increases the oil capacity because the pan is deeper. This pan adds close to 3/4 of quart (0.6 Liters) of oil over the original X51 pan. This allows for increased oil cooling and engine performance by preventing oil starvation and oil foaming.
The "FVD Motorsport" oil pan is also designed with external cooling fins
which helps to lower the oil temperature.

SOLD

CsgkrT4.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back