Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 c2s what to expect .... first drive

Haha, you two are a sales team double act! I am surprised your car hasn't sold T8 it looks really lovely. I think if I changed cars again this year I wouldn't be driving anywhere. I'd be recovering from serious injury inflicted on me by Mrs COB.............

just curious, how does a 996 or 997 turbo compare to say, a 991.2 C2S? I drove the 3.0 turbo c2s recently, with 420bhp, it felt a bit quicker than my 997 c2s as you would expect, but I have never driven another turbo Porsche to compare....

michaelbbwalker said:
just curious, how does a 996 or 997 turbo compare to say, a 991.2 C2S? I drove the 3.0 turbo c2s recently, with 420bhp, it felt a bit quicker than my 997 c2s as you would expect, but I have never driven another turbo Porsche to compare....

Engine wise there is no comparison between a Carrera with Turbos and a Porsche turbo. :)

On paper for a 996T and a 991.2 the figures appear similar but in the real world it's the way the power is delivered that separates the two. Don't get me wrong, they've both got 420 hp, so the 991.2 wouldn't get left behind in a cross-country A to B, but it would be the chassis rather than the engine that would make that so.

The extra 53bhp of the 997 Turbo would give a significant edge over both as the sheer 'driveabilty' provided by the VTG Turbos and their massive torque makes the 997T a beautiful car to drive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back