Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

change 991 steering wheel with a new one with flaps

ordered the new wire harnas and adapters i needed for the new steering wheel, it arrived in only 3 day's, like a flash it came in my mailbox from the other side of the world :thumbs:
Yesterday i installed the new wire harnas in the new steering wheel inclusive the adapter, was one easy job to to, but when i did hasitate i made a picture, send it to Paul by e-mail and received in 5 minutes the answer i needed, he is a real gentleman and i give it a big 10 in support... :worship:
Now i need to make an appointment with my Porsche garage to install and program the new steering wheel, i keep you informed ... :thumb:

Hi guy's,
Today we did install the steering wheel with the Paul Lee adapterkit, and airbag
Works perfect, thats all i can say, thanks to the people over here who helped me out and gave me the advice/link from GPS
Thanks again :thumb:

140dndc.jpg

wing said:
Hi guy's,
Today we did install the steering wheel with the Paul Lee adapterkit, and airbag
Works perfect, thats all i can say, thanks to the people over here who helped me out and gave me the advice/link from GPS
Thanks again :thumb:

140dndc.jpg

Wow that looks very updated for sure!

Can you put down a list of what you used / ordered.

I am interested in doing this but i have the non mf sports design wheel.

It looks superb :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks, Kal

Hi Kal,
Just look for a new or used sports steering wheel you want to install in your car on e-bay coming from a 991.2 model like i did, or from the new model panamera, send the picture to Paul lee and he wil get back to you in a flash by e-mail, he can send you the link from the product you need, that's it...
He does fabricate the new wiring for the steering wheel and the adapters you need...
He si a very helpfull guy so you only need to ask him..

Kind regards
Stefan

wing said:
Hi Kal,
Just look for a new or used sports steering wheel you want to install in your car on e-bay coming from a 991.2 model like i did, or from the new model panamera, send the picture to Paul lee and he wil get back to you in a flash by e-mail, he can send you the link from the product you need, that's it...
He does fabricate the new wiring for the steering wheel and the adapters you need...
He si a very helpfull guy so you only need to ask him..

Kind regards
Stefan

Thank you Stefan,

I wonder how much help the OPC will offer in coding the multi function and airbag here in the UK.

I have not had good experiences with OPC and a retrofit before, usually always get this coded privately how do not know any porsche people out there who can do this.

Looks like i have to do some ringing around.

Thanks,

Kal

you have a point, they don't like this "ad" !
I went to a non Porsche center but a Porsche related garage in my area, he does have the same computer they have at the OPC and programming is no problem at all, i think you need to find someone like that (non official porsche garage)
OPC does also not give me the activation code for the heated steering wheel, but Paul does have a contact where you can buy this code for programming...

Stefan

wing said:
you have a point, they don't like this "ad" !
I went to a non Porsche center but a Porsche related garage in my area, he does have the same computer they have at the OPC and programming is no problem at all, i think you need to find someone like that (non official porsche garage)
OPC does also not give me the activation code for the heated steering wheel, but Paul does have a contact where you can buy this code for programming...

Stefan

Hi Stefan.

Does your heated steering wheel option work? And did you have this option before on your old wheel?

Cheers. Kal

Hi Kai,
I am just back home from my Porsche dealer, we did programmed the heated steering wheel and it does work PERFECT !
We did load up the code and select the correct steering wheel in the PIWIS and it is all OK :thumbs: And NO i did not have a heated steering wheel before, the guy's from OPC told me "it was never possible to let work this new steering wheel, but with Pauls adapter kit is was a piece of cake :thumb: even the round mode button does work to select the sport/sport+/ and I mode (PSE)
So ---> me happy :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back