Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C4S 1 month in and ongoing build

Cold Air Induction kit removed and up for grabs. I was toying with giving it another go but think I'll stick with the stock air box set up.
I've kept the BMC filter.

Purchasing kit

Where is the best place to buy this kit ? Does it come with the bmc filter ?

Re: Purchasing kit

big_pete said:
Where is the best place to buy this kit ? Does it come with the bmc filter ?

You can buy my CAI for £50ono plus Royal Mail P&P. All black. Brand new and I only did about 20miles before I removed it again and reverted back to standard.
I bought the BMC filter from Eurocarparts.

!! PROGRESS UPDATE !!

- DONE: BMC and resonator mod
- DONE: GT3 SSK
- DONE: Sprint Booster
- DONE: iSimple Tranlt stereo mod
- NEW: DEKTANE rear LEDs
- INCOMING: 7/15 spacers

Yes, got some gen2 style LEDs installed today and they look very nice indeed. A dramatically modernised look in the daytime, and ive not even seen them at night!

10 min install. Easy peasy. Highly recommended.

Got some 7mm and 15mm spacers going on at the weekend too..

Attachments

• img_4640_552.jpg
    img_4640_552.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,328
seems impossible to take a photo of the LEDs illuminated that do the colours justice, so heres a black and white one to show the design. In the flesh they look damm good lit up - im very pleased!

Attachments

• 997_dectane_rear_lights_670.jpg
    997_dectane_rear_lights_670.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 3,303
Looks like you getting on well with things :thumb: :thumb: you planning on fitting the front led daytime lights as well mate :thumb:

I really like the look of it with the led back lights. You've got me wanting to do the same to my gen 1 now, along with the front end. I've been wanting to keep it as original as possible but I'm swaying a little now...but it look great..

damm you phil i hadn't even considered those and now i am!!!

I need to make a big call on mods soon - its either continue to do these smaller things at a rate of 1 per month or so, or start saving for the thing i really want which is the aero bumper! Its so pretty but the all-in cost is very significant and it will take me a while to save/justify it!

decisions decisions!

Im hoping the spacers negate the need for techart springs, if so, then i may well set sights for the aero kit in spring 2019

Phil 997 said:
Looks like you getting on well with things :thumb: :thumb: you planning on fitting the front led daytime lights as well mate :thumb:

thanks, glad you like them.

Yes i like to keep cars as oem as poss, but these lights are a worthy exception - they really do look gen2 stock to all but the most seriously trained eye. They totally modernise the rear of the car and for £300 its great value in my opinion. Add in the fact that if i sold the car im sure i can sell these on for most of what i paid its really a no brainer IMO. Get 'em!

Grooster said:
I really like the look of it with the led back lights. You've got me wanting to do the same to my gen 1 now, along with the front end. I've been wanting to keep it as original as possible but I'm swaying a little now...but it look great..

Where did you get the lights from by the way, if you don't mind me asking. That seems really cheap compared to what I've seen them for. They do look great. You say they only took 10 mins to install, what it a simple enough job, even for a novice like me.
You have to do the front leds now though!!!! Get the full gen 2 look.

Hi, I bought them from a forum member, used.

I do have an update today though : (

'check rear light' and 'check brake light' error messages with intermittent lights being off!

I contacted the member who sold them to me, who i met this weekend, and im sure as he says they were fine on his car - another 997.1

So from what i read there are three possibilities:

- i need some resistors as apparently some models of 997.1 require these
- i need to disconnect the battery and reinstall (I didnt do this on instal)
- be sad as the lights are broken : (

Im hoping its the battery!

Anyone else had an issues with these?

That aside, the install is:
Uncrew 2 screws, unclip plug, plug new light, replace 2 screws = very easy!

Grooster said:
Where did you get the lights from by the way, if you don't mind me asking. That seems really cheap compared to what I've seen them for. They do look great. You say they only took 10 mins to install, what it a simple enough job, even for a novice like me.
You have to do the front leds now though!!!! Get the full gen 2 look.

Here's hoping it's just the battery because it does sound like an easy job..
Let me know how you get on, it may be a deciding factor in whether I do the upgrade or not.

Grooster said:
Let me know how you get on, it may be a deciding factor in whether I do the upgrade or not.

Happy to report that after I fitted the resistors all the warnings and issues stopped. I have to say a massive thanks to the forum member Jimi I purchased these from who was unbelievably helpful in sourcing and prepping the correct units.

I'm very pleased with the outcome, now onto the spacers!

Lordjimimac said:
Grooster said:

Happy to report that after I fitted the resistors all the warnings and issues stopped. I have to say a massive thanks to the forum member Jimi I purchased these from who was unbelievably helpful in sourcing and prepping the correct units.

Hi James, cheers : :thumb:

Am Glad it all worked out well for ya in the end 😀, what a big transformation on your 997, as for the resistors needed am glad it done its job 😀👍
Many years of happy motoring !!

Cheers

J

Thanks so much for your help - top bloke.

-- 997 -- said:
Lordjimimac said:
Grooster said:

Hi James, cheers : :thumb:

Am Glad it all worked out well for ya in the end 😀, what a big transformation on your 997, as for the resistors needed am glad it done its job 😀👍
Many years of happy motoring !!

Cheers

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back