Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne diesel ?

Flozzer

Hi All,

Was just after some advice with regards to buying a Cayenne diesel and possible pitfalls of high mileage examples, obviously I would be looking at FSH and OPC preferably.
Interested to know what parts might have their life expectancy tested when you get past a certain mileage ?

Thanks in advance !

Check the bell-housing connecting gearbox to engine. Known issue on 958 3.0D models. You may have to take off the gearbox undertray. Mielage irrelevant for this issue.

If there's a trace, walk away unless it has Porsche Warranty. Whilst some independents might be able to remedy it I though the lesson learnt was to use a gasket and not locktite. Engine has to come out from underneath with special tools to do the job properly in what is 50hrs of labour :roll:

Other than that, build quality is second to none, quality fittings and whilat extras might make a difference to you, when you trade on they won't. Ideally you want Sat Nav (standard?), 20" wheels (19" offer better ride, 18" shiote and 21" come with spinner options and gangmaster tints), sunroof.

Personally I didn't like the 8spd tiptronic. In rush hour traffic within 100y there was more movement 1st - 5th than a fiddlers' elbow. Always pulled away in 1st even if gentle. Great on fule though and they can shift :thumb:

I don't know too much about them but the V8 Diesel sounds surprising good.

benbuhagiar said:
I don't know too much about them but the V8 Diesel sounds surprising good.

V8 is not a problem. That said unless you need the size I'd be tempted to go with a Macan.

Flozzer said:
Hi All,

Was just after some advice with regards to buying a Cayenne diesel and possible pitfalls of high mileage examples, obviously I would be looking at FSH and OPC preferably.
Interested to know what parts might have their life expectancy tested when you get past a certain mileage ?

Thanks in advance !

car specification is important

drive shafts can fail, engines can leak oil and Air Mass flow sensors have their moments, otherwise a reliable car, just dont expect mega MPG for a 2 tonne car

thats with an 09 Diesel with 110k on the clock

The engine oil leaks is a known issue , it can be from a pipe on the turbo back of the engine .. tightening it usually works or something we call through bolts ..

the engine is a sandwhich construction .. think of several layers which have very long bolts holding it all together ..

The middle section and there was a fault during assembly and the sealent didnt go all the way around some of these bolts .

The OPC fix is an entire strip down of the engine to reseal this section ..

I came up with a fix when at OPC but obviously couldnt use it ..

Now at indy i do .. we remove the said bolts .. apply a liberal amount of gasket sealent and refit .. its fixed all the ones i have had and some are years old after this fix.

Something like 2 hours labour.

Im also old school .. a few oil leaks are not a bad thing .. oil stops corrosion :D

Overall these are not bad cars ..

Hi just wondered if this problem is repaired under warranty and lets say your warranty expires 7 months later, is the work guaranteed for a period of time by Porsche or not?

I had the oil leak repair done under warranty on a 3.0D and the engine had to come out twice as some additional preventative work they did failed. They said the bill would have been c.£9k. I'm still running with the extended Porsche warranty and at around £1,000 pa I think it is good value for the peace of mind.

If you have any warrenty work done on your car on the last day of cover and you dont renew it then you have about 12 hours of warrenty on that part .. if you pay towards it then you have 2 years warrenty but only if you pay towards the bill .

In other words any work done under warrenty will be covered whilst you have the warrenty in place .

After that and with no policy you are relying on Porsche good will .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back