Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C4S 1 month in and ongoing build

Different angle. It's running standard ride height.

Attachments

• 896b6839_80c6_4a1d_8572_adeae28bed74_211.png
    896b6839_80c6_4a1d_8572_adeae28bed74_211.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,874
SJD said:

this is a nice angle shot shows the stance well :thumb:

Brilliant!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for sharing - I've been dithering and this rarer than rare atlas photo has made my mind up on the spacers. I've read too that spacers May negate the need for lowering and these pics support that idea
Mega thanks!
James

SJD said:

Correction to my previous post; the car is 13mm rear, 7mm front. Wheelspacers UK, system 2P anodised finish.
Thought you would appreciate the pics of my Atlas C4S. 👍🏼

One more for good luck

Attachments

• 81e31387_a8f9_4866_b4e1_849f75972f65_328.jpeg
    81e31387_a8f9_4866_b4e1_849f75972f65_328.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 2,840
Great Thread James :thumb:

Love seeing peoples versions of personalising their cars and their different approaches.

Look forward to reading more :popcorn:

Lordjimimac said:
Out of interest, did you get a 4 wheel alignment after the spacers? Is that a must-do after this mod?
SJD said:
One more for good luck

I didnt James its not needed , but theres never a bad time to have a full geo done to improve the drivability :thumb:

Good stuff thanks Phil :thumb:[/quote] :thumbs:
Phil 997 said:
Lordjimimac said:
Out of interest, did you get a 4 wheel alignment after the spacers? Is that a must-do after this mod?
SJD said:
One more for good luck

I didnt James its not needed , but theres never a bad time to have a full geo done to improve the drivability :thumb:
:thumbs:

Great post :thumb:

Loved my 4s. I added most of the mods mentioned here. Didn't go as far as Phil... but few do :floor:

RSS engine mounts were my favourite I think , adds a little bit of rawness (NVH) but not too much. My oem mounts were shot anyway.

CAI and BMC coupled with PSE was more than enough for me , didn't go for 200cell cats.

I have the DSC on my current car, and it's a 'night & day" difference.
Yes they are £1000 ish , plus you need an extra sensor for a gen1...
However , using a bit of man maths ...you will recoup at least half that back when you come to sell the car in future . (It would look as good as new, as it clips in under carpet in passenger footwell)

I didn't have a geo check but I do get the car checked regularly (12-18months) usually triggered by minor maintenance.

I briefly tried the cold air induction kit. Top end noise improved but it created a slight and short lived resonance 'buzz" as I punched through 5000rpm which I just didn't like. I'm open to offers if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 6a238c5b_6acb_43c8_b4ff_f9967bc4b87c_893.jpeg
    6a238c5b_6acb_43c8_b4ff_f9967bc4b87c_893.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,721
Yeah I'd agree on the resonance point - for me it's at 6k and I don't mind it, but would be ideal if it weren't there. I was planning to see if adding a little bit of strengthening to stiffen the box may help
SJD said:
I didn't have a geo check but I do get the car checked regularly (12-18months) usually triggered by minor maintenance.

I briefly tried the cold air induction kit. Top end noise improved but it created a slight and short lived resonance 'buzz" as I punched through 5000rpm which I just didn't like. I'm open to offers if anyone is interested.

Yeah I'd agree on the resonance point - for me it's at 6k and I don't mind it, but would be ideal if it weren't there. I was planning to see if adding a little bit of strengthening to stiffen the box may help
SJD said:

Yeah I didn't like the resonance either. I had it in for a good 6 months my wife and I both used to feel sick on journeys. As soon as reverted it back to normal, which it has been for another 6months the sickness feeling went away.

I reckon it was something to do with frequency of the resonance.

I have never heard of this before with this kit.yet a few of you mention it. I certainly didnt experience it in mine. just out of interested have you all reverted totally back to stock or kept the sports filter but removed the hose and bung. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back