Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED - 997 project. What have you got

JayG60

So having previously had a 964, then a 996, I am in the market for the logical progression a 997.

I was just going to go for the best my budget could stretch too, but I know I will want to make it my own, so started to think a less than perfect car with engine issues, or cosmetic problems might be a better fit.

Would not rule anything out, even an IMS failure or bore problems...

What have you got?

Jay

Good man :worship:

Make sure you post up your progress on here :thumb:

(once you have her, that is)

Will do. Just need to find one first. Keep looking at lovely cars but feel I would be bored very quickly and think getting one in need of TLC is a better bet for me to put money into.....

I like your thinking. I haven't seen many scruffier looking 997s around, much easier to find a 996 for now.

MC

They are out there.
Going to be patient as I know what I am after and what I have planned, so want the right base car to come up.....

So I have found my unicorn! Will start a build thread soon, but I am now the proud owner of a 997 C2S with a less than perfect engine :eek:

Thankfully the rest of the car is in excellent shape so the focus will all be about the running gear to start with.

Cheers all

Jay

:useless:

Pre-job pics needed. Don't spare us the gory details...

Good luck! :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back