Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitting 986 near side front wing to 996?

I'm loving the colour of that wrap. It reminds me of an old-school 911 colour Minerva Blue 8)

986 wing works perfectly on a 996, a handy mate of mine did it many years ago after his brother hit the central reservation many moons ago.

986 and 996.1 are identical parts for the wing. end of.

colour match if still on factory paint is likely to be identical for second hand wings, this may be different if cars have been in sunny countries outside all their lives due to UV damage but simply not a problem in the UK. one blessing..

yes, PDR is going to be faster cheaper and easier than replacing wing, there should be no need to remove wrap to push dent out as long as can be accessed by removing light or wheel liner etc. they sometimes pull a dent which may be a problem with a wrap: get a pdr guy to look at it and tell you

g7jhp said:
youngsyr said:
Hi all, I've got a minor ding in the nearside wing of my 2001 996 Cab, the sort that you could easily live with, but irks you when you see it.

There are used 986 (2003) wings available on eBay for £106 delivered in my car's colour.

So, I'm just wondering, will it be cheaper to buy a used wing rather than getting the dent repaired?

Is getting the wing off and on tricky?

For what it's worth, my car is vinyl wrapped, so any cosmetic scratches in the used wing will be covered anyway.

Thanks for any advice offered! :)

Putting a (2003) 986 Boxster wing on a (2001) 996 Cab? Why?

Get the dent repaired or use a 996 wing.

You own a Porsche, do it properly or buy something cheaper if you can't afford it.

OP apologies if my post came across as rude (it does red that way), that wasn't my intent.

The idea of fitting a non-standard part sounded like a short cut, but as the 986 and 996 wings are the same it's an option. My bad.

If the paint isn't damaged, I'd certainly look to use a good dent repairer as a first stop. The paint will then look original and it's got to cost less than having to stripe, prep and respray.

Look forward to seeing the finished result. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back