Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche vs Aston Fuel consumption.

spongebob squarepants said:
Phil 997 said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Phil 997 said:
benbuhagiar said:
Phil 997 said:
Great write up Les, mid 20s was what we thought it would do on a run like that mate and good to hear the AML preformed well . based on your recent purchase I have just traded the range rover and brought a Bentley GT using your theory of we all need a 6ltr car in our lives :grin: driving it around at the weekend I was ave 11mpg :eek: so need a few good runs to get the ave up to where I was expecting at around 18mpg . this will then make the 997.2 seem like an eco car and when I drive it I will feel like I am helping the enviroment :floor: :floor:

Come on Phil, you know the drill, where are the pictures of your Bentley? :useless:

OK Here it is, Meteor with Mulliner spec. Not clean but I dont think mine came with the self cleaning option :grin: :grin: Interestingly it seems they are very similar to the DB9 in that the early models had a few issues that were resolved by time the 2009 partial facelift model came out , So this gave me some encouragement in the same way as Les had got a DB9 after AML had ironed out the early model gremlins .Sorry Les for the slight thread hyjack :thumb:

Phil,
My chum works at Bentley, do you want me to get him to pull some strings in the parts department when you start to mod and eventually blow up the engine and gearbox? :dont know:

:floor: :floor: this isnt being modded mate :?: well apart from a light tint to the glass lowering the air ride a bit and a remap to 600bhp other than that its staying stock :grin: :grin:

Remap :dont know: :eek: :nooo: :bye:

:grin: :grin: I might wait a bit on the remap as stock it will do 198mph not sure If I need to get over 200mph on the school run :floor:

Apart from a remote fob to switch the Aston's version of PSE on and off, and some ceramic paint protection (being done tomorrow) I've not done anything to the Aston yet.

Might take it to Paul (PCW welding) to make it a bit louder, and a DBS inlet and remap near Christmas.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back