Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Don't use this Company "TFS Motorsport"

cobrars

Hi Guys,

As some may know, I was going to Centre Gravity to have my car setup properly and I decided to take the plunge on a set of Titanium drop links as they can help with tweaking corner weights etc etc.

I could only find a matching set of these from a company called "TFS Motorsport" on eBay.

When they arrived the parts, although a bit "bling" looked really good.

Time was short but I managed to get these fitted the weekend before I drove down to Atherstone to see Chris.

Upon fitting the only issue I came across is that the rear drop links wouldn't match a standard length. But this was only about 5mm-8mm, but knew this wouldn't really cause any issue. So fitted them.

The fronts adjusted fine to standard length and left the option of shortening or extending them and fitted to the car just fine.

After this I put the car back in the garage ready for the off the coming Friday after work.

When we arrived at the hotel for the night there was a slight knocking from the O/S Front wheel area. Knowing it was in with Chris the next day and only staying 5 mins from his unit, I knew he'd sort it.

Next day Chris was reversing the car out of his yard to go for road test and he instantly said, "knocking from Drivers side front wheel" To which I said had only come on the day before.

After investigation he found the drop link was loose and thought it was just the lock nut that had come loose, but after closer investigation it turned out that the joint was "necking" out, there wasn't enough "Articulate" movement. This obviously meant these links were no good.

This shows the joint angle from both TFS part and a standard OE part Chris had from a previous job.

Necking out damage

All these pictures were sent to TFS to show the issue and they still didn't care one bit.

Unfortunately Chris didn't have any standard links in stock so he had to ring around to try and find some. Luckily for me he did, and that he knew the guy because no one else would deliver them as it was right on closing time, so Chris got the lad to drop them off on his way home. (Slight detour required)

When I got home I messaged the seller saying what was wrong and that I needed a refund and that I was looking for some sort of compensation as I was now an extra £170 down that paid for the fitting and replacement parts needed to get the car road worthy again.

Three days later and still no reply, so I started a case with eBay. Sure enough, they messaged pretty much straight away on the defensive saying I'd obviously had them fitted wrong.

Because of my car thread on here I take pics before, during and after fitting so I had the proof that they were adjusted and fitted correctly. Chris also confirmed that it was the parts at fault and nothing more.

Next TFS tried blame me for fitting the rears as they were the wrong length, but the rears weren't an issue and were still in 100% full working undamaged condition, he repeated the same thing about the rears for the next three messages !!! :frustrated:

After finally getting it through to him that it was the FRONTS that were the issue he started asking if I had modified suspension, top mounts, anti roll bars etc, or if I had anything else fitted to the car thats damaged his parts as he wouldn't have it they didn't work.

He went on to say that he had sold 100+ sets of these, even selling to "Jasmine" and not had one issue at all. I find this very hard to believe !!!

So that's when I asked the question, could you have not sent me the wrong set of links then ???? :dont know:

That's when he stopped replying. How he couldn't see the issue was totally with his parts is beyond me, they are still for sale now !!!

My car ran perfectly with standard parts, before I fitted their links, and also now I have standard parts fitted again. No issues whatsoever. It WAS his parts at fault

I had spoke to eBay a few times during this as I was getting a bit sick of TFS dragging this thing out when its blatantly his parts at fault, the pictures are more than enough proof, and with Centre Gravity confirming this, the last time I spoke to them the lad says "we can see here that the guy is just stalling and we are totally behind you 100%" which obviously made me feel better.

The day the case was closing I received an email saying "the seller has asked us to step in" to which I found quite funny, but then 5 minutes later I received another email saying " case closed, we have sided with the seller"

FURIOUS :wall: haha...

After almost 45 mins on the phone to eBay explaining the whole thing again, eBay decided that I was entitled to a refund, but not from TFS Motorsport, but eBay themselves ???? So TFS got my money for faulty parts that are not fit for purpose and eBay are the ones that lost out ????

Obviously I don't care as I've got a refund for the parts, still not the £170 it cost me in the process though.

The main bolt holds the shocker to the hub on a C2 and if that had snapped with the stress from the joint, who knows what could have happened.

Chris was even happy to speak to the guy and explain what was wrong with his parts and how to make them so they would work on a C2.

Anyway, its totally your choice obviously but if I were in the market for some adjustable drop links, I'd stay clear of TFS Motorsport !!! Parts not fit for purpose and does not care they could potentially cause a serious accident.

Craig

Good to know - thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Wow - that joint angle is way less than standard! - doesn't inspire you re. the underlying engineering... (likewise the way you describe their attitude - seem little focused on the part itself or the user)

Thanks for the info i,ve come close to buying these a few times , so glad i never

Ebay will always be forgiving to their power sellers, think about the revenue they get from these dealers... as your rear pair are a different length to standard and non adjustable I guess you were sent an incorrect front and rear, made for a different car (likely a porsche) with different geo at the rear and requiring less articulation at the front?

Craig said -

"The main bolt holds the shocker to the hub on a C2 and if that had snapped with the stress from the joint, who knows what could have happened. "

Won't someone please think of the children! :grin:

Just kidding, if that bolt snapped it would be :drive: :splat:

As Craig says, nightmare seller. He messaged politely rather than all guns blazing and just explained what the seller needed to do to have a working product, technically doing their R&D for them....

But rather than taking it on the chin they decided to try and fob him off.
It's when something goes wrong you get the true measure of a company and TFS fall massively short. Shame really as the product isn't too bad, apart from looking a bit "Fast and Furious". :wink:

Those joints are all wrong though and surely that's the basics when making a droplink.

You've saved me and hopefully others £250 anyway. :thumb:
Turns out you don't really need them other than for clearance on massively lowered vehicles.

You did well with eBay.

I ordered a video intercom system. It arrived and the powerpack was dead.

I told the seller and they said to send it back.

Sent it back and got a refund from paypal.

Seller then overruled this and got his money back, case closed.

I had no intercom and no money?? Go figure?

Once the case is closed, computer says "no".

^^^^ That sucks.

I lost out as a seller once. Sold my Dainese bike leathers. Had cost £1000 3 years before and I'd gradually stopped biking since.

Listed as "Lightly scuffed" after falling off once but apart from that they were brilliant. Just light scuffs on elbow and shoulder that shoe polish could hide.

Sold, then seller messaged "Hey these are scuffed!".
I said "Did you actually read the listing or look at the pictures before bidding??"
eBay went in favour of the looney. It seems eBay is geared up for idiot buyers yet they don't look into things enough for some of us others. :nooo:

Hi guys,

yeah, total joke !!!

Out of interest I went on to Jasmine's website and can't find the links anywhere so not sure if he's full of crap or that Jasmine just don't list them ??? who knows, maybe they did, but after having them all sent back because they didn't work, they took them off :grin:

If anyone is interested in a full set of titanium drop links that don't fit, let me know and I'll list them on eBay so when you find out they don't work I don't have to give you your money back :floor:

Marky911 said:
It seems eBay is geared up for idiot buyers yet they don't look into things enough for some of us others. :nooo:

eBay is fundamentally skewed to protect buyers at the expense of sellers, hence you really do need to cover yourself as much as possible when selling (I've offloaded something like a couple of hundred listings over the last couple of years). Whenever a dispute falls back to a case of he-said she-said then they side with the buyer, so always keep your proof of postage or send tracked. Any defects have to be fully covered indisputably in the description and at the end of the day if the buyer doesn't like it then you are paying for them to send it back or writing it off and refunding anyway.

There are plenty of fraudsters, chancers and idiots on there too. You list something as collection only and your winning bidder asks you to post it has happened to me before, as have the usual non-paying bidders and no-shows for collecting buyers. I've also had people taking very long times before collecting, but to be honest when they pay up immediately and make contact in reasonable order I don't mind that too much. By far the dodgiest was someone who won a car (for buttons - it was something of a basket case) that I sold on there on behalf of a friend though. Suffice to say that one ended up being reported to eBay, bid cancelled and it offered to the highest trade bidder in the history instead.

It can be quite interesting where stuff goes though. I've had an old bathroom suite and old tiles (~450kg of them) both go to Latvia, a sofa to Bulgaria, a table to France and a bidding war on a toy (any of you remember Crossbows and Catapults?) between the UK, Greece and Cyprus...

The oddest part of it all is that some things that you would expect to be easy to move on can't be given away whereas some things which essentially belong in a skip can generate surprising interest.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back