Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche vs Aston Fuel consumption.

Phil 997 said:
I have just traded the range rover and brought a Bentley GT

I've just brought my wife an Evoque, its bad when you choose British cars over a Porsche for reliability lol.
Let me know how you get on with the Bentley, they seem to be an absolute bargain at the moment.

PS welcome back to the 6.0lt club.
My 6.75lt Rolls Royce's single figure MPG makes the Aston look like a Tesla.

Phil 997 said:
Great write up Les, mid 20s was what we thought it would do on a run like that mate and good to hear the AML preformed well . based on your recent purchase I have just traded the range rover and brought a Bentley GT using your theory of we all need a 6ltr car in our lives :grin: driving it around at the weekend I was ave 11mpg :eek: so need a few good runs to get the ave up to where I was expecting at around 18mpg . this will then make the 997.2 seem like an eco car and when I drive it I will feel like I am helping the enviroment :floor: :floor:

Come on Phil, you know the drill, where are the pictures of your Bentley? :useless:

Where's the photos of the nudist beach in St Tropez? :thumb:

Great trip mate. :thumbs:

alex yates said:
Where's the photos of the nudist beach in St Tropez?

I was going to show one of me with my tallywacker out but there was a cold breeze and it hid lol.

Les said:
Phil 997 said:
PS welcome back to the 6.0lt club.
My 6.75lt Rolls Royce's single figure MPG makes the Aston look like a Tesla.

:floor: :floor: :floor:

benbuhagiar said:
Phil 997 said:
Great write up Les, mid 20s was what we thought it would do on a run like that mate and good to hear the AML preformed well . based on your recent purchase I have just traded the range rover and brought a Bentley GT using your theory of we all need a 6ltr car in our lives :grin: driving it around at the weekend I was ave 11mpg :eek: so need a few good runs to get the ave up to where I was expecting at around 18mpg . this will then make the 997.2 seem like an eco car and when I drive it I will feel like I am helping the enviroment :floor: :floor:

Come on Phil, you know the drill, where are the pictures of your Bentley? :useless:

OK Here it is, Meteor with Mulliner spec. Not clean but I dont think mine came with the self cleaning option :grin: :grin: Interestingly it seems they are very similar to the DB9 in that the early models had a few issues that were resolved by time the 2009 partial facelift model came out , So this gave me some encouragement in the same way as Les had got a DB9 after AML had ironed out the early model gremlins .Sorry Les for the slight thread hyjack :thumb:

Attachments

• img_3176_205.jpg
    img_3176_205.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 4,334
  • img_3175_177.jpg
    img_3175_177.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 4,334
  • img_3154_541.jpg
    img_3154_541.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,334
  • img_3153_333.jpg
    img_3153_333.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4,334
Amazing pictures Les.

Phil, the car looks ace!

Now do I buy an Aston or Bentley next...? First world problems.

The Hotel is the Seehotel Pilatus, Seestrasse 34, 6052 Hergiswil, Switzerland.

Don't know the issue with the Boxster yet as its still in France but the Porsche garage in Rheims basically said 'ohh la la la engine un fooked' or something like that, but they did refer me to this book for better a translation:

ghCzIyf.jpg

I'm buying a low mileage engine that's had it bores checked etc, from a chap who has supplied my Porsche engines in the past..... then Sid will put a new IMS, RMS, chain and tensioners in it at the same time. Should be a good car when its back on the road.

benbuhagiar said:
Amazing pictures Les.

Phil, the car looks ace!

:floor: :floor: they are both boxes that need ticking in life mate, similar engines similar running costs

benbuhagiar said:
Amazing pictures Les.

Phil, the car looks ace!

Les you are a Porsche engine magnet for all the wrong reasons !

Aston looks good :thumb:

Rossi911 said:
benbuhagiar said:
Amazing pictures Les.

Phil, the car looks ace!

Les you are a Porsche engine magnet for all the wrong reasons !

Aston looks good :thumb:

so a reliable Aston and an unreliable Porsche

can only be Les :eh!:

Phil 997 said:
benbuhagiar said:
Phil 997 said:

OK Here it is, Meteor with Mulliner spec. Not clean but I dont think mine came with the self cleaning option :grin: :grin: Interestingly it seems they are very similar to the DB9 in that the early models had a few issues that were resolved by time the 2009 partial facelift model came out , So this gave me some encouragement in the same way as Les had got a DB9 after AML had ironed out the early model gremlins .Sorry Les for the slight thread hyjack :thumb:

Phil,
My chum works at Bentley, do you want me to get him to pull some strings in the parts department when you start to mod and eventually blow up the engine and gearbox? :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
Phil 997 said:
benbuhagiar said:
Phil 997 said:

Phil,
My chum works at Bentley, do you want me to get him to pull some strings in the parts department when you start to mod and eventually blow up the engine and gearbox? :dont know:

:floor: :floor: this isnt being modded mate :?: well apart from a light tint to the glass lowering the air ride a bit and a remap to 600bhp other than that its staying stock :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Phil 997 said:
benbuhagiar said:
Phil 997 said:

Phil,

:floor: :floor: this isnt being modded mate :?: well apart from a light tint to the glass lowering the air ride a bit and a remap to 600bhp other than that its staying stock :grin: :grin:

Remap :dont know: :eek: :nooo: :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back