Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Certificate of Authenticity

Wildhog

Excuse my ignorance, but I was given a Certificate of Authenticity when I bought my 997.2.
What is it for? Are some cars not authentic?
Does every car have one?

I wonder if its something that PCGB give their members , I know they do give valuation certificates :thumb:

Its a "perk" of joining the Porsche club GB. If you ask Porsche for one they want £70 or something, so it makes it seem like joining the club is good value.

Its just a print out of the options your car was built with.

A frame-able version of the under bonnet sticker if you like.

Worthless IMO, stick it in the recycling.

Agree ^^^^

Don't think they guarantee authenticity, they dont have a hologram/fraud protection as far as I can see, they seem to be a posh build sheet, on nice paper in a silver folder. Unless your OPC provides one free of charge or you get one through PCGB, Porsche charges £65 for one.

I got one via PCGB and needed to send them a copy of the V5 with VIN and your own ID to get one so I guess that counts for something. I think they may have been superseded by a 'Certificate of Production".

Having joined PCGB last month after attending the NE Regional Show at Witton Castle I've just received my car's 'Certificate of production'.

However, the certificate doesn't list all the options as stated on the sticker under the bonnet/inside the manual?

Was a bit miffed as surely this info should match up if supplied by Porsche???

Got mine through last week, no flash folder just an A4 sheet. Most but not all options listed, thankfully X50 was on there.
Wouldn't be that happy for £65. or whatever they charge to be honest but got it free as PCGB member.

I thought code 220 (Limited Slip Differential) would have been worthy of mention but was omitted. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back