Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom has ordered an new car :D

911tom said:
Jonttt you are not wrong. You have to option the GTS interior pack to get the GTS interior! My thoughts were it should be standard on a GTS. I know your not the biggest fan of these cars so thanks for holding back :thumbs: I completely agree with all your past comments re noise the 981 with pse makes. The 718 does not come close.

You can't beat the experience of speccing and buying a new car :thumb: The 718 is just not for me, It does not mean I don't like the owners but some people can't accept that lol. You obviously know what you like and the best car to give you that and your lucky enough to be able to afford it, that's a great place to be.

A FI car will always give you more options to tune from the 'one size fits all" spec manufacturers are forced to meet, the fact you have a clear plan / path to explore that is awesome and again makes it a great choice for you. Not many risk a warranty on cars of this value but I don't think you will resist for long :worship:

ragpicker said:
I did notice that by selecting the GTS over the S in the configurator, you did get may of the options I would want as standard plus a couple of others all for the price of the S I was speccing.

I'm sure Tom knows all this. You're not telling me he hasn't made 100 different configurations of this car before settling on the one he's chosen.

If you are going to spec sport chrono, pse, PASM, etc it makes more sense to go for a GTS. In every other Porsche past GTS variants always hold better residuals. Even with the GTS 718 the GTS interior is a cost option. To be perfectly honest I searched for used first and noted in my head what I wanted so the configuration was easy. The only option I was not 100% on was the pccb's. In the end I just went for it. The hesitation was all £ driven and I knew I'd regret not adding them.

ragpicker said:
PS: Haha! Yes, you have had one or two influences on my recent expenditure. You and I seem to do that to each other, like that lovely thing on your wrist!

:floor:

Jeez you are not wrong there!! When man maths fails you can always count on mans mates maths.

jonttt said:
911tom said:
Jonttt you are not wrong. You have to option the GTS interior pack to get the GTS interior! My thoughts were it should be standard on a GTS. I know your not the biggest fan of these cars so thanks for holding back :thumbs: I completely agree with all your past comments re noise the 981 with pse makes. The 718 does not come close.

You can't beat the experience of speccing and buying a new car :thumb: The 718 is just not for me, It does not mean I don't like the owners but some people can't accept that lol. You obviously know what you like and the best car to give you that and your lucky enough to be able to afford it, that's a great place to be.

A FI car will always give you more options to tune from the 'one size fits all" spec manufacturers are forced to meet, the fact you have a clear plan / path to explore that is awesome and again makes it a great choice for you. Not many risk a warranty on cars of this value but I don't think you will resist for long :worship:

You are right about warranties etc. I plan to enjoy it as is for a while... as I've already researched current mods available I can't see that lasting too long though. It will be absolutely pampered regardless though. It will be ppf'd, run in properly, warmed up every time, kept in the garage and regular oil changes. None of this 2 years between service nonsense. It will however be used and driven properly.

A small update. My new car is currently being built with build completion scheduled for this coming Friday 12th October. I should hopefully see it towards the end of the month :D

Exciting stuff, pics and pick up story required as and when!

All being well my car should have been delivered to OPC Silverstone today. Aiming to collect next Monday! :D

Great stuff Tom!
If you fancy a drive out with the new car, am sure we would all be up for it....

Kingb4 said:
Great stuff Tom!
If you fancy a drive out with the new car, am sure we would all be up for it....

:thumbs:

At least we might be able to keep up with this one :grin:

:thumb:

ragpicker said:
Tom, yes I have indeed. Much preferred it to the 991.2 which was a total disappointment and essentially and Audi in disguise. The Cayman is now where its at for me, much more like a 911 than the new 911s (997.2/991.1 onwards - excluding GT and turbo cars).

I'm getting my turbo back on Friday after nearly 18 months without it so I'm going to see if I fall back in love with it. If not I can see myself in something similar to yours or a 997.2 turbo.

I've never done car finance before but its amazing how affordable these cars can be when you trade in/put a decent deposit on and have a balloon.

Plus, I'm not sure how much I would get for a modified turbo in the current climate, even with a very expensive brand new fully forged engine rebuild. The easiest thing if I'm not back in love with it might be to trade it in for a newer model...

Of course the leggy Boxster will be staying no matter what happens, thats genuinely the best car I've ever owned :D

991.1 not like a 911 :eek: :nooo: Full circle for me from where I used to be, but its the best of them! Its good everyone's tastes are different though :thumb: :grin:

We really do need a meet up soon. Been so busy with work I've hardly done any car things recently. Silverstone sent me a video of the car. Getting really excited now!

I collected my car two weeks ago to the day. I have been so busy I have not had time to post the mandatory photos. It really is everything I wanted it to be, even if it is misfiring in cylinders 5 and 6! Heres a few photos from the day.

46158882741_5ad2820f9f_k.jpg

46108045472_7e37d8bf99_k.jpg

46158890301_5e334330e2_k.jpg

31022311397_0521df3e9c_k.jpg

46108051902_0e7d119e00_k.jpg

31219423467_116953cc63_k.jpg

46108056742_96f7eacc4c_k.jpg

Unfortunately I have learned the hard way just how soft Porsche paint is! I achieved 3 stone chips in the 20 mile drive home after collecting it :x I was driving it carefully too! It is currently having the chips touched in and full PPF fitted.

So far I have covered around 300 miles. Whilst the dealer told me there is no need to run it in, I will be running it in properly! I am keeping engine load to a minimum and keeping revs down to 3.5k RPM. After the 500 mile mark I will increase revs to 4.5k. After 750 miles I will start to increase load and raise the revs a step at a time. At 1,500 miles I will test the launch control :grin:

How long before the tuning starts :roll:

Great looking car!

Out of curiosity, what is the view on servicing a new car... are you going to do a 'running in' service, at least an early oil and filter change, even though not required by the book?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back