Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 944 - What to look for?

Interior looks good and in general it looks fine some original bits that you don't normally get with the car, the sills look like they have already been repaired and not sealed properly afterwards or repaired to a high standard. Mine was the same, solid but had been repaired previously but not sealed well behind the repairs afterwards and rust was starting to show through, I have since rectified that.

Recent paint so it could be hiding other nasties?

A smaller aftermarket steering wheel may help you fitting in the car.

The cracked dash and rust would have me seriously considering whether this car is viable.

I think the interior and steering wheel may be from a later car? I'm not 100% on old 944's but I've owned a couple.
The rust is a worry, cracked dash is very common on the earlyish ones.

£3k? I bet the seller wants more though.

Gunscrossed said:
I think the interior and steering wheel may be from a later car? I'm not 100% on old 944's but I've owned a couple.
The rust is a worry, cracked dash is very common on the earlyish ones.

£3k? I bet the seller wants more though.

Scrub that, a quick Google suggests that combo may be correct!

I stand by the value though :)

Thanks all..

He wants 5k so I walked away after seeing the rust areas, had the rust not have been there, I was prepared to give him the full amount and take it away there and then.

My bodyshop can repair the sills for not a lot after seeing the pics and a video but I just need it to be viable, it's not a car I've lusted after where I'm prepared to sink cash in to it like my 964 so I have to keep a level head with this one. The owner was sure that he wouldn't accept lower than £5k but I'm going to make him an offer and leave him with that based on what I think the car needs spending on it, I'm really not too worried about having it but I just like a little project to clean up so let's see, I would like to save it.

There was a decent looking one on eBay last week for £3.5k
Had a slight dent in the front wing but looked in better nick than that one.

They're great cars to drive! Seriously considering getting another, or maybe a 924 (which I've never had).

A friend of mine may be selling his late guards red 944S2.It has been off the road for a couple of years but previous to that it was used on our euro jollies.
It has had thousands spent on it and has the best interior I have seen in a long time on a 944.
I think it may have a couple of tiny bubbles on the rear quarter which he was going to sort.
It has had every weak point on a 944 sorted.
It will be more than this car but it is sorted and useable.

@Gunscrossed, was that a black one? I did enquire about that if not but it had ZERO history, MOT history also showed up blank.

I'm always up for anything that needs a bit of work, purely as I love to see the result of getting something up to scratch.

I'm thinking about the 928 that's in the classifieds here..

http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=8037

Really want one, there's also a really cheap blue early one on eBay that needs paint and an interior. Provided the cars don't need engine or gearbox out, I'm interested.

Not sure if it was mentioned or if there was sufficient history to back it up but the square dash cars only have 5 digit mileage so it could be 179k. It could easily be that and look same condition.

I've got a 1986 oval dash, they have 6 digits and mine has done 187k but is immaculate after respray and sills being replaced. I'm in Kent so you're more than welcome to have a look if you want to compare and see how different ones look. It will be at Kent Classic car show Sunday 9th Sept with TIPEC if that's any use.

A few years ago I had a 968 which needed th3 fuel pipes and brake pipes from the front to the rear of the car replaced
Because the go over the rear transaxle, you need to remove the gearbox and exhaust to do it
£1800 job

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back