Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom has ordered an new car :D

Great looking car Tom , look forward to seeing it , yes need another Sunday morning blast :drive:

That looks the absolute business, can't wait to hear about it when you get it.

MC

Thanks you guys! Honestly just so excited! Roll on collection day

Tom, looks stunning, have to arrange a Sunday at the Towccester bike cafe when you get it. At least you won't be as cold as in the Atom last time I saw you :thumb:

Second person I know to go down this route Tom, and if your experience is like their's you'll be delighted.

No doubt the old flat six only crowd will whinge and whine, but the 718 is a phenomenal engine. And I personally like the distinctive thrum of a flat four. Look forward to hearing more. Nice one :thumbs:

That looks a lovely thing sir, congratulations.

There was a white one at the recent track day at Brands which was absolutely flying round.....right up to the point the noise police pulled him in sadly.

I was chatting to one of the instructors at the PEC centre in July and he said he would have one of these over pretty much anything in the current line up.

My brother in law has one, Tom. It's a rapid piece of kit when given the beans and handles like a go kart. A friend of ours has a 991.1 GT3RS, he enjoyed driving the 718 so much he bought one too! Says it is so much more fun than the 911.

I think you will really enjoy it. :thumb:

Rags have you had a drive in one yet? :lol: If not you need to but be warned it could cost you a small fortune! I will definitely be tracking mine. I have had the pleasure of a 718 S boxster as a courtesy car a 18 months or so back. I enquired then as it was so good on the road but could not commit at the time. Then back in March this year Porsche sent me an invite to spend the morning driving the range of 718s on track at the experience centre. I was blown away by just how good they were. I have since done two track days in the atom. The atom was a weapon on track, nothing can get near it, obviously more fun than a 718. However other than the two track days the only other time a drove the atom this summer was to take it to MOT. I also went along to a PCGB morning at the experience centre in my 996. It was not great on track. So much power, tiptronic. It was not comfortable and to be perfectly honest neither was I!

When I was offered reasonable money for the atom I decided to sell before the winter sets in and started playing with the configurator... It was not long before the order was placed.

Congratulations Tom, what a fun collection of cars you have :)

Tom, yes I have indeed. Much preferred it to the 991.2 which was a total disappointment and essentially and Audi in disguise. The Cayman is now where its at for me, much more like a 911 than the new 911s (997.2/991.1 onwards - excluding GT and turbo cars).

I'm getting my turbo back on Friday after nearly 18 months without it so I'm going to see if I fall back in love with it. If not I can see myself in something similar to yours or a 997.2 turbo.

I've never done car finance before but its amazing how affordable these cars can be when you trade in/put a decent deposit on and have a balloon.

Plus, I'm not sure how much I would get for a modified turbo in the current climate, even with a very expensive brand new fully forged engine rebuild. The easiest thing if I'm not back in love with it might be to trade it in for a newer model...

Of course the leggy Boxster will be staying no matter what happens, thats genuinely the best car I've ever owned :D

Congratulations, it sounds like a perfect choice of car for your needs :thumb:

The only comment I would make is that I sat in x2 718 GTS in Chester OPC last week. The first did not have leather dash / doors which really surprised me, its a lot of plastic, the second did have full leather / alcantara. This was standard on the 981 GTS so I presume Porsche have change the standard GTS spec, if so I would definately tick the leather dash / door option :wink:

Interesting comments re the new 911's rags. Apologise to mrs picker for me. I'm sure I've been blamed for a few of your recent financial car related decisions! I like you don't tend to finance my cars. I came close to buying a nicely spec'd 718 s last month. The chap has finance on it with only £1.5k equity! So I'm sure there's lots of options for keeping the monthly's sensible. Hopefully you can get some use out of your turbo when you get it back. Ive now done £3k in mine ands it's been brilliant. Part of me does feel like I'm reaching the end of a journey with the car. Trouble 900hp is hard to beat in a straight line.

I had the exact comments from my instructor at pec as m119cars. Said out of all the non gt modern line up they'd take the 718. Clearly at the Foc 718 experience day they were going to say that but the next instructor said the same thing when I went back in my 996.

Jonttt you are not wrong. You have to option the GTS interior pack to get the GTS interior! My thoughts were it should be standard on a GTS. I know your not the biggest fan of these cars so thanks for holding back :thumbs: I completely agree with all your past comments re noise the 981 with pse makes. The 718 does not come close.

I did notice that by selecting the GTS over the S in the configurator, you did get may of the options I would want as standard plus a couple of others all for the price of the S I was speccing.

I'm sure Tom knows all this. You're not telling me he hasn't made 100 different configurations of this car before settling on the one he's chosen.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back