Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The future 911, rear wiper debate ?

Should the next generation 911 have a read wiper?

• Yes, it’s an important function for the car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, spoils the looks and not really needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
maldren said:
What annoys me is having a wiper but no screen wash, fine in the rain but useless for clearing a dirty window.

There was a Porsche Exclusive option for a rear washer jet on a 993,

Never seen it offered since,

( hopefully gives me a slighter greater chance to be invited to join the illuminati)

Don't have one. Not required, so don't want one.

Prefer the cleaner look without.

Rear wiper

My 997 didn't have one , as discussed if you drive fast enough the rain doesn't have chance to sit..😎

ColinC said:
The 993 rear wiper is design icon - thing of beauty that I never use and ruins the line of the car :dont know:

Up until it fractures at the 'elbow' and then you get your pants pulled down by OPC for a replacement.

Looking back Porsche should have offered the 993 with both front and rear wiper delete as they don't see rain :roll:

Out of interest, how do you go about getting it removed if your car has one and you dislike it? Simple job? OPC only or will indys do it, or is it even a DIY task?

I don't like the Rear Wiper. I've had 3 911's, two of which have had it and I think it ruins the clean lines of the car.

Removing the wiper from a 992 won't make that rear end look any less ugly. Ed 209 from RoboCop was a prettier machine!

Attachments

• ed_209_359.jpg
    ed_209_359.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 3,098

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back