Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Equivalent generic parts

9xxnick

There are quite a few parts on our cars which have applications on other vehicles. An example is the interior blowers. In many cases, these mean that you can buy the correct part for the car without paying the often exorbitant premium which official parts attract and which pattern part manufacturers often load onto otherwise inexpensive parts when the application is identified as a Porsche.

One recent example - Exhaust clamp:

Porsche part: £52

Dansk part identified as being for 993: £22

Identical Dansk part identified only by part number: £5

My question is, is there a resource anywhere that identifies these interchangeable parts?

Maybe we could start a Sticky thread and add to it when someone finds a part common with another vehicle.
A couple I've come across is the Blower relays are VW/AUDI branded
Also the side repeaters are 90'S era VW.
I've just replaced the back light bulbs in the dash clocks & OBC. Porsche OE parts were nearly £10 each. Sourced for 89p each after a bit of Web browsing.
:thumb:

this would be a fantastic idea

also parts that have a Bosch or other oem parts manufacturer + part number

mashby said:
Maybe we could start a Sticky thread and add to it when someone finds a part common with another vehicle.
A couple I've come across is the Blower relays are VW/AUDI branded
Also the side repeaters are 90'S era VW.
I've just replaced the back light bulbs in the dash clocks & OBC. Porsche OE parts were nearly £10 each. Sourced for 89p each after a bit of Web browsing.
:thumb:

I need some lights for my fuel gauge. Can you let me know where you got yours from please?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back