Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 front brake ducts

systech1

As I do the occasional track day thought I would get the GT3 brake ducts for my 997.2 as they apparently direct more air onto the front disks albeit at the cost of a bit more drag I suspect. FWIW part numbers are 997.341.483.92 and 997.341.484.92.

As we traditionally pay through the nose here down under for spares was about to buy some on line out of Germany for around $A25 each including freight. But as a laugh I tried the local dealer expecting to abuse them as usual at their outrageous prices and use the OS price as a bargaining chip until they quoted me $A 6 each (about £4). WTF

That will surely be the cheapest part I ever buy from a local dealer 😎

Yes, they are mostly crazy cheap, apart from something like the GT3 RS ones which are a fortune.

MC

yes, mine where that 'cheap' from OPC Nottingham, I nearly fell over. :thumb:

Motorsport parts are often surprising bargains! I bought a complete car set for the 996 and I think they were under 20 quid!

total bargain. have put them on the 996 GT3 and C2 road car.

£20 all round for fronts and rears amazing!!

total bargain. have put them on the 996 GT3 and C2 road car.

£20 all round for fronts and rears amazing!!

MisterCorn said:
Yes, they are mostly crazy cheap, apart from something like the GT3 RS ones which are a fortune.

The 996 Cup ones always used to be the bonkers priced option (they scoop a lot more air than any other option, but ISTR that something needs a bit of cutting to fit them to a 997 - unsure if it was the duct, arch liner or under tray though). IIRC the normal 996 ones aren't silly but the 997 ones have always been a fair bit less than any of the other options.

Footnote that the 997.2 rear ducts used to be silly money once upon a time, but they were also very agreeably priced the last time the subject came up.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back