Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Premium for manual GTS ?

k11pol

Im finally getting round to buying my new car which will be a 2015/16 gts as I want the 3.8 engine but I see on auto trader a manual which is priced around £20 k higher than most of the PDK,s at £113k.

my question is , is there a premium for a manual ? it does have ceramics and 10k miles but surely that doesn't warrant an extra £20k. I do prefer the manual to drive, its just more fun even though its slower as I'm not buying it for its 0-60 time.

I am aware of the GT3 manuals commanding a premium but didn't think this had hit the GTS.

It's the low mileage and to a lesser extent the PCCBs that will account for most of that premium.

PDK cars actually cost more new but most UK buyers spec' them that way which means that manuals are rarer on the second-hand market and ,bizarrely, can therefore cost more. That tends to be the case across the whole Porsche model range.

I think someone is having a bit of laugh with that price. I can understand PCCB and a low-ish mileage commanding a premium but from memory I've not seen another 991.1 GTS manual above £90K.
Although I should add that I believe there are less than 50 registered in the UK - that might bode well long term but after 3 years? I wouldn't have thought so (but I'm more than happy if it has :floor: )

I would only want a manual so I can understand the price increase over PDK. I was fortunate as I specced mine new, so with manual.

k11pol said:
Im finally getting round to buying my new car which will be a 2015/16 gts as I want the 3.8 engine but I see on auto trader a manual which is priced around £20 k higher than most of the PDK,s at £113k.

my question is , is there a premium for a manual ? it does have ceramics and 10k miles but surely that doesn't warrant an extra £20k. I do prefer the manual to drive, its just more fun even though its slower as I'm not buying it for its 0-60 time.

I am aware of the GT3 manuals commanding a premium but didn't think this had hit the GTS.

113k seems way over the top for a 991.1, I haven't seen these recently at anything over 100k , anything above that would be in gen2 territory ...is this at OPC Aberdeen ?
That might explain the high price , for some strange reason , they price consistently above all others with no justification, and if it is there , check the paint condition of your target car as they have had some horror story cars in their showroom.....
I would say you are in 85-100k range with the spec you stated.....

Double post..!! :pc:

The manual box on the 991.1 GTS is a rare car....very rarely come up for sale. I don't think PCCB's on a GTS are worth a penny on a used car. Assuming you own the car for three to five years you will have buyers looking at them very closely concerned about replacement costs even if the car has less than 50k miles.

I'd wait until one that is priced correctly comes along.

The steam has definitely come out of the market at the moment and I don't think people are paying up for rarer spec cars. A year ago a manual 997 GTS would retail for £10k more than a PDK car, don't think that is the case now.

Not driven a 991.1 but own a manual 997 GTS and have driven a manual 991.2 GTS so have a good idea what it's like to drive!

One thing I would say is that a lot of people who owned 991.1 GTS's and switched to the 991.2 GTS's much prefer them despite the turbo motor.

k11pol said:
911TEL , NO It's OPC Leeds[/quote

...if you don't buy this one , bear in mind what I said if you go to ABZ OPC ...or just go along and have a look at them in Abz and tell us what you think of the 2nd hand car prep in there ......
Shocking .....and I'm not going to mention their 'salesmen' in this thread ...

The cars at over 100k must be 991.2 GTS's.
Although I love the idea of changing gear again the newest generation PDKs are just incredible.

As the original post stated it was a 2016 99.1 gts 4 not a 991.2. It seems to have been sold aswell.

Flip....

Flip....

Flip....

Or

..."wish I had got a PDK...."

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back