Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken down, cut out. Fuel tank collapsed, bent sender

I'd check how much it takes to fill it. Could have an imploding fuel tank.

Who sets off on a Eurotrip without brimming it? :nooo: :grin:

doh, :wack: but good news you can still enjoy your trip :thumb: :thumb:

I have heard that on C4/C4S models the bottom of the fuel tank is shaped such that the fuel gauge is just guessing at the last 1/8th of a tank.

That's correct and infrasilver is fully aware of that......but his is a C2 with standard tank.

alex yates said:
That's correct and infrasilver is fully aware of that......but his is a C2 with standard tank.

...and yet...

I did have a little hiss once I topped the fuel up just at the next junction but thought nothing of it but when I topped up again in Belgium it gave a huge hiss of air. I'm thinking there is more to this than meets the eye.
Took 70 quid so about the same as usual.

Sounds like you have a venting problem on your tank.

Infra, I had the hissing issue and failure to start after a long run but it never did cutout on me, issue for me was purge solenoid valve sited to the left hand side of the throttle body. Tried cleaning it but made no odds, fitted a replacement and all good.

Locosaki said:
Infra, I had the hissing issue and failure to start after a long run but it never did cutout on me, issue for me was purge solenoid valve sited to the left hand side of the throttle body. Tried cleaning it but made no odds, fitted a replacement and all good.

I did change that due to the altitude issues I was having, I could do with replacing the whole system just to make sure I have eliminated the problem but the expense of that would be silly. I also have problems with emissions at MOT time.

You're not driving it hard enough :floor:

No worries just thought I'd chime in with my previous. Good luck bud

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back