Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gt Brake question ..?

Joff Gas

Hi All ,

Sorry more Gt4 specific but i thought this would be the place for someone to answer my query.

I've had my Gt4 2 weeks (current mileage 2k)and noticed quite a bit of noise mainly squeaking when slowing down from 30 mph to a standstill.

I dropped it in at my local Porsche main dealer for inspection , and have been informed that its a GT Porsche and the brakes are prone to noise /squeaking due to harder brake pads and the fact that its a GT product.

they also stated that once the brakes get warm the squeaking will stop ??

I thought this may have been the case , i wondered if someone could possibly confirm this?

Thanks Guys
:thumb:

I don't know about the GT4 but harder/high performance pads do tend to squeal until or unless they're heat cycled - in other words, you've warmed them up a bit and they have been properly bedded in.

I run Pagid RS29s and I just live with it, even though occasionally it's a bit wince-inducing in the city (when you have cold brakes). It was the same with Carbotechs, Ferodos, and Carbone Lorraine pads in my other cars over the years, when you can't use the brakes much...

The trick is to think of it like a loud exhaust, which is occasionally awkard or embarassing as you drive past the rozzers/old people's home/your mum's house/wife's place of work etc.

Hi Max

Thanks for the reply.

After a bit of research, it rings true what your saying , performance brakes /noise etc.

So if anyone asks "Why the squeaky brakes ..??"

" Its a Race Car ....!!!"
:mrgreen:

Incidentally - if you really couldn't live with it, Endless don't squeak and are very track friendly (albeit disproportionately spendy). :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back