Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 manual turbo at the max

RJW1881

Spa-Francorchamps
After a recent trip to 9e for a service and stage 2 re-map I took the turbo to the continent for a spin. Wow, 3000 miles to Sorento (Italy) and back and it didn't miss a beat. Even when on the limiter in 6th gear, shame it wouldn't do 200!

Attachments

• d0f4b389_ef9d_449c_b6c8_e023a95e851d_198.jpeg
    d0f4b389_ef9d_449c_b6c8_e023a95e851d_198.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 3,633
Thats pretty dam good without meth injection :thumb: :thumb:

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Must be warp factor nine....That's speed Jim, but not as I've known it!
I can see the stars zipping by on your screen :grin:
Very brave on the open road even if it is autobhan,,,,

excellent stuff....get Ken to up the rev limiter to 7400 or 7600 and bobs yer uncle,,,,well over 200. OR DO 997 TURBOS REV LESS THAN A 996 ? THOUGHT 7200 WAS THE FACTORY SET LIMIT?

What impresses me more is the quality of the picture at that speed...skills on both parts

FRP said:
excellent stuff....get Ken to up the rev limiter to 7400 or 7600 and bobs yer uncle,,,,well over 200. OR DO 997 TURBOS REV LESS THAN A 996 ? THOUGHT 7200 WAS THE FACTORY SET LIMIT?

What impresses me more is the quality of the picture at that speed...skills on both parts

And 75k miles, just goes to show, these cars just get better and better.

Respect OP :thumb:

:worship: hopefully the passenger took the pic :grin:

I can't imagine upping the limiter is advised? It got to 6800rpm in 6th very easily, so would do 200mph+ easy if the limiter was higher.

And yes my passenger took the photo although the car was totally stable at that speed and could have been driven with one hand.

These cars are amazing no wonder there holding there value, keeping it forever!

Hi,
Impressive but if it's been remapped why does it only boost to 1 bar. I thought it would be higher boost.

6700rpm is the stock rev limit, which is equal to a true 193 mph which is what the top speed of the standard car is - it doesn't run out of power, but RPM.

They will rev quite a bit higher than that safely, but power is dropping off a lot, and so the only real use would be on the Autobahn.

Regarding boost, the in dash gauge is very inaccurate, and secondly it will be boosting more at slightly lower RPM and is reduced on the limit.

M

Nice. And I don't think the 1.0 bar reading is entirely accurate. More like 1.4 bar. But the boost reading is largely a graphic. Mine will max in 6th (PDK) at 204mph (that's the speed it sits on the limiter) 9E rigged it so I can hook 7th which takes me off the limiter with FOT. I've not tried it since, 204mph felt daft fast. :eek:

Sports button

When the car is remapped does that render the sports button obsolete?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back