Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alpine ILX-700 wiring

Karl_996

Hello,

First post on here.
I'm looking for help wiring my 996 (2003) with a Alpine ILX-700.
I've got the old PCM2 out fine. I used the supplied wiring loom adapter and run a separate accessory power to the new head unit which now powers up.
Problem is I get no sound...

Note:
I have the Becker DSP amplifier and PCM2 RDW.
This is the wiring loom adapter I was supplied - https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/con...l-antenna-adaptor.html?search=ct27aa17&page=2

Anyone got ideas of what I'm missing (extra brain cells excluded)

Thanks
Karl

Hi Karl,
The link you have is for an antenna adapter, nothing else. A common one to check is that any amplifier trigger output is present, that has changed between pinouts on different units. I am not sire when the PCM changed to optical (MOST) output. Post up more pinouts and info and I might be able to help.

MC

Thankfully, mine didn't have MOST, so my advice will be limited!

So things to check:
Does the converter need power? Is it getting it? (Does it have an LED or anything?)

Is the amp getting power? That should have a more obvious LED

Have you wired the amp to use speaker level or phono / RCA cables?

If it is doing speaker level, are you using the car's loom to get the signal to the amp in the frunk?

In my car, that loom uses a common ground across the four speakers (so only uses 5 wires) and most amps that take speaker lever don't like that - so try connecting just one speaker line at the amp?

I ended up making up my own speaker cable loom :( The amp does the doors and the H/U does the dash & rear panels.

The adapter you have bought bypasses your factory amp (sound provided via the optical feed!)

What you need is one of either:

- adapter to feed optical from your new HU to the Becker DSP
EDIT: see here for the one you want
http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT51-PO04

or
- wiring look to take new HU sound output --> speakers directly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back