Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In the market for a cayman

911tom

The time has come! I'm selling one of my cars to fund my next purchase. I'm torn between a 1 year old 718 s at circa. £55k for a nice spec car. Or a GT4. The GT4 would stretch me to more like £80k for a nice one. How do we think 981 GT4 values will hold up? Good residuals will help me stretch to the more expensive car. Obviously a 718 is going to depreciate at a higher % rate but is 70% cheaper to start with.

Part of me really wants a pdk too...

You selling the Atom :sad:

Guess it depends if you want to mod the car :dont know: GT4 if not, 718 if yes. :thumbs:

Or just buy a motorbike as you will miss the Atom, if she's going, a lot :grin:

:thumb:

Sadly the atom is going Jin. It is seriously cool but I feel like I have done the atom thing now. All the dry weather we have had and I have hardly used it. I may have another one day or maybe try a nomad. Bikes are not for me, 1 I do not have a license and 2 I would probably kill myself!

That's a good point with the modding... 9e have made a seriously quick 718 now and we all know how I always keep my cars stock :hand:

I like the idea of a GT4 but I want a car I can drive without worrying about adding miles etc.

I don't think you need another car then THB :dont know:

Whatever you buy will be similar to the 996T, sort of :grin:

Just get an old school hot hatch, R5T or Golf Mk1 with a 20vT engine in it :thumb:

Tom.

JT will be along to advise you soon, but 981 GT4 all day long :worship: Some cars are just very special :thumbs:

fishslap.gif

Sorry about that :wack: not sure what came over me :oops:

Buy a GT4 and be done with it :grin:

:thumb:

GT4 all day, everyday. You'll do 4-5k miles a year max so don't worry about that too much. It's more if there's RS in the pipe line or not.

GT4 all day :thumb:

With an £80k-ish budget got to be a GT4, with a £55k budget how about a sport spec (sport suspension, PCCBs, manual) 981 GTS?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back