Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 RS - Start of the refresh

coullstar said:
What ever happened to the LM's?

LM's still for sale. I am not very good at selling things.

Car will be at porcshe in the glen this year.

43300796734_d3e82a7820_b.jpg

Side skirts off and cleaned. Plastic restorer on them, considered spraying them but I am off on the NC500 again this year. No doubt they will get covered in cow ***** again, perhaps get in about them after this.

30151144578_3be73d8067_b.jpg

Just read the whole thread from start to finish. Superb. 8)

993 RS is my favourite air-cool; simply beautiful. It's got the best looking Porsche steering wheel as well.

tp81 said:
:roll: .... wife is less than impressed with it all. Never even sat in the RS.

This made me :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Nice work Tom :thumb: It's a satisfying job to do 8)

If you have ever wondered what the RS would look like with no side skirt and replica cups on.....here you go.

:nooo:

44056753491_60e252a00c_b.jpg

Well spotted, no gaskets fine. The trigger would only work right at the end of its range, seemingly quite a common failure? I've never had this on the 993's I have had. In any case it's an easy fix, Porsche sell a repair kit, spring etc. Having this sorted while it's in for annual service and brake fluid change. New battery and rear screen rubber changed. All part of the love.

Cameltoe & Heel said:
A fantastic motor Tom, nice to see you keeping it in tip top order :thumb:

Trev

Thnaks C&H, have to say I really do love the 993. So busy on other thyongs I have hardly posted on here. Feels quiet :dont know:

Looking through this thread recently trying to find a date, can't believe I haven't posted any update on my car since 2018.

Picture from last year's run North.

48619077226_2d3d9404a1_b.jpg

Sep 2018 run North with the CS wing and front on.

44690072244_98ba2b7c7e_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back