Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dilemma...

clarkey979 said:
I seriously considered a roof rack! Not sure I could live with it every day though - it's only cool if you live up in the mountains and have skis permanently mounted on them.

A porsche with a tow bar - imagine that!

A Targa though, I totally forgot about them! Great suggestion! How much space to you get behind those back seats - is it worth it? anyone got one on here - is it significantly more practical? As they are later cars than mine, they are at least £4k more right now... It feels like a slightly mad thing to do.

Panamera might be a compromise if I can find a decent one or I was thinking of going to the other extreme and getting big Discovery (late last model) or even a Jeep where i could take the whole roof off in the summer... I'm still lost. It's unbelievably hard to replace a 911... ok on to check out Targa's...

Keep the 911 and spent that extra £4k on a family car? Seems a no brainier to me.

Phil 997 said:
OK some out of the box thinking . that should fit nicely in the front compartment .problem sorted :thumb: :thumb:

Phil you beat me to it, a mates got one for when he travels with work, perfect! Plus most kids give up guitar within a few weeks! My lad does drums he only carries two sticks :thumb:

To answer your Targa question:

Opening the tailgate and with the rear-seat backrests folded down, the driver and passengers have access to no less than 230 litres (8.1 cu ft) of luggage space behind the front seats, with very easy and convenient loading conditions.

We like ours a lot...

PS - although if you fold the seats down you can't fit the kids in :hammer: Doh.

I think the solution to this issue is......

Keep your car, take the boys on non sports and guitar days, get the Mrs to drop them those days or get them bus passes - good motivation to work / safe hard for a 911 each?

Problem solved! 😁

Just to put this out there.

My 5.0L V8 S class Mercedes was less than £3000 in a sniped eBay purchase, and its hands down the best car I've ever bought :lol:

Plenty of room for tip runs, Ikea trips all with reclining rear seats and double glazing :lol:

I agree with the others, sell the kids and then..... :dont know: what?

Alright, a proper answer.....the trusty old (cheap) merc or similar is a great idea, they are used as taxi's in many EU countries and a diesel one will last forever and do 500k miles. plenty of room too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back