Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk @ Fairmile, Surrey. 3rd Wed of month 2018

Then you left to early!! I was there tonight and met loads of people who I had never met before. If you can not be bothered to talk to people. why would they be bothered to speak to you??? I even had a chap stop at the pub to ask if it was ok to come in his 987. Every one nearby agreed that he was more than welcome on the next meet.

therevday said:
Then you left to early!! I was there tonight and met loads of people who I had never met before. If you can not be bothered to talk to people. why would they be bothered to speak to you??? I even had a chap stop at the pub to ask if it was ok to come in his 987. Every one nearby agreed that he was more than welcome on the next meet.
I did talk to two people both of whom had nothing to do with Porsche so it's not as though I didn't bother but there weren't many there. I should've got there later I agree but had other commitments.

therevday said:
I even had a chap stop at the pub to ask if it was ok to come in his 987. Every one nearby agreed that he was more than welcome on the next meet.

One bloke came over during a summer meet last year. Asked same question. Then went home to get his and was back in 20 mins in it....that's the great nature of these events :thumb:

Agree it can be a bit like first day at a new school for first timers. Only option is to keep going and talk to people.

Sorry could not make it last night. I did spot that they have managed the countries fastest fence build since last month. I take it there is now a gate with someone checking that nobody is bringing a caravan in :floor:

There's always someone to talk to. My first visit I didn't know anyone so wandered over to a bunch of people admiring a 911T, made some appreciative comments and got chatting.
30 years time they might be gathered around my (currently invisible) silver 996 making similar noises.
But it can be like first day at school, uni etc.

If a "newbie" stated his intention that he was going to attend for first time, and didn't know anyone ... I would happily say "heh , i'll be there in the black GTS, come and say hello...". Introduce to others ....That goes for quite a few of the people on here :thumb: #we're not pistonheads :floor:

We all were strangers once, and now done thousands of miles, many meets, lots of bacon etc. Would count many as friends now

:food: :friends:

Keep an eye out for other meets , and give it another try .

Did anyone go yesterday?

Loads of us were at Brands Hatch instead.

Any pictures :?:

Grr, I was set to attend this but then I went to view a 944 which happened to be right next to Brands Hatch, so I missed that also, although I did end up following some 911's back to the M26. So close!

A friend went to the Fairmile, he was more interested in a kids 911 than any of the real ones going by the pics he sent :floor:

So next Wednesday (19th Sep) is the last one of the year. That went quickly! Can't complain about the weather this summer for once, though. Here's hoping for one last warm sunny evening and a big turnout 😀

Hope to be there a bit later than the last time.

I should be down after work on Wednesday.

If the stars align, we will be attending our first one of these meets tomorrow evening, new to the forum so we do not know anyone. We will be in a black 964. Hoping we can make it and see some others there.

If it's not raining I'll try and get along...

Darren OD said:
If the stars align, we will be attending our first one of these meets tomorrow evening, new to the forum so we do not know anyone. We will be in a black 964. Hoping we can make it and see some others there.
I'll be in my Lapis Blue 996(C7JUG) I'll be wearing a dainty mauve off the shoulder number with cerise sling backs.
Hope to meet up 😄

So, do I try to wash the car in gale force winds... probably :)

Sorry chaps, not going to make it, just left work do it will be dark before I get home and back out. Roll on next year

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back