Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Odometer not working

I just thought I should complete this thread with an update.

I sent my Speedo off to Hans Peters as recommended on this thread.

http://www.hans-peters.nl/

What a great guy to deal with and a brilliant result at a very reasonable cost.

His communication is a first-class. He fixed the broken odometer and also offered to change the dial for a new one because some of the kph numbers were starting to flake off the old dial (a common issue with early 993's I believe).

He had all the parts in stock and completed the job very quickly.

Total cost was £200 but about half of that was the cost of the new dial. I think the breakdown was £100 for the dial, £75 for the repair and £25 for delivery.

I would definitely recommend this supplier.

Good to hear feed-back on problems discussed on the forum, especially when it is as positiive and potentially useful to others as in this particular case. :thumb:

Good to hear it all went the way it should.

I would recommend him every time.

David

Odometer gear gone, never noticed until MoT. Zero miles in one year. I've emailed Hans. Very useful thread.

Endoman said:
Odometer gear gone, never noticed until MoT. Zero miles in one year. I've emailed Hans. Very useful thread.

A common issue and to get it fixed, i can recommend to get it fixed by, tell him 911uk send you

http://www.reapautomotivedesign.com/

Another :thumb: recommendation for Reap Automotive. He did mine and charged about £130.00 if I recall.

Telephone Julian on 020 88 63 2305.

I used Julian a few years ago when my kph numbers started peeling, didn't realise he also did the gear repair.

Odometer now repaired it needed quite a lot of work, the red gear had disintegrated and the motor had died.
Hans Peters did the repair.

Attachments

• versleten_hoofd_tandwiel_246.jpg
    versleten_hoofd_tandwiel_246.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 1,235
  • demontage_104.jpg