Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Bags Dash Warning Light - Delete!

JBGT3

Hi guys, my 2004 GT3 is mostly used for track events, so some years ago we removed all the airbags & fitted a race steering wheel. Rely on the full roll cage, harnesses, HANS and helmets instead.

Unfortunately and out of the blue, I have to take the vehicle for a government licensing inspection, Of course the airbag red light shows up on the instrument panel, plus on start the warning in words comes on.

Needing to temporarily nullify these for the inspection! Have sold off all of the airbag components.... aaargh.
But I've heard there is a clever solution.
An auto electrician can rig up a timer to the airbag light so it stays on for 3 seconds when the car is started, but also stays on permanently when ignition is on and not running.

Anyone have any wisdom or insights re doing this? Many thanks

:welcome:

Any pics, we all love a GT3 :grin:

Why don't you just buy a boxster/996 steering wheel with airbag :dont know:

If you sold the car then the next owner would expect it to come with it, I would anyway.

:thumb:

You can get the airbag deleted on the system or just put a resistor in to replace it. I think I have that right.

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back