Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tesla P100D Ludicrous+

FZP

So I thought I'd share this, although I'm not sure referring to a Tesla as a performance marque is correct, but the performance certainly fits the bill.
Anyway, Mrs P and I head out for a stroll and pass one of the D Grade Celebrity haunts. It has a few Teslas in the car park and theu asked if I wanted a test drive. The one we took for a spin was kitted out with the ludicrous+ mode.
Having been in a few fast cars over the years I wasn't expecting much despite what the numbers say. I'd like to point out that a couple of years ago I test drove an entry level one and it was pretty quick, but nothing I'd say was worth writing home about.
Now, old mate is talking us through the usual stuff and then we head out. A bit more of spin about the car and the he asks...."Are you ready?". **** me sideways. It's the fastest thing I've ever been in. Rollercoaster, skydiving, in fact I can't think of anything like it. Numbers say 2.28 for 0-60mph.
Then it's my turn to drive. I can not articulate the way it puts on speed up to 80mph. It's, well, ludicrous! The brakes are exceptional, ceramic jobbies. When you accelerate in it, the only thing I can relate it to is like having 3 very quick pints and all of a sudden you feel p*****d. Its like your brain cant catch up, but after a few launches, you start to vst used to it. Phenomenal acceleration. To hit the numbers in another car you'd need to spend 7 figures, so £140k doesn't seem so extortionate.
I'd recommend going for a test drive just to feel the acceleration.

Fake News

Russian Tesla Bots are out tonight :typing:

:floor:

Who goes out on for a walk and ends up setting a new personal best for 0-60. :dont know:
I know the above seems a bit disjointed but I was having trouble trying to articulate the acceleration. It's next level.

Can you explain again Vladimir ! :grin:

I've seen enough YouTube vids to be frightened, to be fair, I'm amazed we aren't seeing many deaths / injuries & subsequent media storm, you can't give a lot people F1 like performance without consequences.
People ask me what's the Turbo is like, I always say the same things, you can get in trouble very quickly whithout due care !

Great point. The only thing you hear about is autopilot knobstick behaviour.
Btw, i hink it's about time you showed your face again. You're overdue a visit to the monthly catchup. The boating temps are cooling off. :grin:

Yes your so right but I'm afraid the Searay is very very good in a water type way :whistle:

I did a Vmax event last September and there were a couple of Tesla's turned up to play (not sure which ones, they don't interest me at all). Anyhoo, when I perused the time sheets, I'd spanked them good and proper. Perhaps they weren't the ludicrous+ models or they weren't launching as aggressively as me, I don't know.... :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back