Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo Prices?

porschepower

Hi Guys

Just wondered if others have noticed the prices on Turbos falling?

I would have thought this time of year prices would be at their peak but seem's like a few well priced turbos around!

No never.....
They are all up, I mean they are rocketing....... I hope :?:

I guess there is a difference between advertising and paid, putting that gap towards one side as it's a bit of guess unless you're trader.

Last time I had a little scan across Autotrader the prices looked roughly the same, mind you I was looking at just manuals with low miles, hmm I wonder why :D And I think that's a bit untypical of the general market !

Anyway I shall open the floor to the well informed and real experts :worship:

Half of the cars that were for sale on AT and PH in May are still for sale now. Some have had their asking prices reduced.

I've been studying 997.1 turbo manual prices for a a couple of years now, I think what you are seeing is more coming to the market and taking time to sell, maybe some haven't sold and they have been taken off the market. There are a few that are selling but of course that is decent mileage, decent history where as the market 18 months - 2 years ago; cars were being snapped up as soon as they came for sale and I think buyers were compared to compromise. I would say that are at a level point now but evidently supply is weighted in buyers favour. Will sellers let them go any cheaper?? - I doubt it. Nothing out there currently comes close for the money.

Hope I'm right as I bought a couple of months ago.....

I think what's available is over priced like a lot of cars. When compared to a V10 R8 the 911 Turbo in my opinion looks expensive.

I would agree with

Even if you look at @ £60k buys you a new shape GTR
(I know this wont be for everyone)

Does make you think

I bought mine over 2 years ago for £55k it's a GEN 1.5 with now 56k on the clock. To be honest like most I don't want to loose a load of dough but believe me you would enjoy it even if you did! It's one hell of a great car and truly gets under your skin.

T8 said:
Half of the cars that were for sale on AT and PH in May are still for sale now. Some have had their asking prices reduced.

When I did my quick scan there a few cars in London that were advertised when I was looking at Christmas ! But they are right at the top end and seemed about 10/15k over priced.

Swap

porschepower said:
I would agree with

Even if you look at @ £60k buys you a new shape GTR
(I know this wont be for everyone)

Does make you think

My mate has a lovely 991 and he spent £10k less than me, but I wouldn't dream of swapping with him, as you say 'won't be for everyone' :D

silvermilnec said:
I bought mine over 2 years ago for £55k it's a GEN 1.5 with now 56k on the clock. To be honest like most I don't want to loose a load of dough but believe me you would enjoy it even if you did! It's one hell of a great car and truly gets under your skin.

Yep :thumbs:
And looks fast, even on the drive :D

Main Force Patrol said:
T8 said:

When I did my quick scan there a few cars in London that were advertised when I was looking at Christmas ! But they are right at the top end and seemed about 10/15k over priced.

My statement was based on Gen1 cars only. The asking price reductions made over the last 3 months have been between £1k-£3k.

T8 said:
Main Force Patrol said:
T8 said:

My statement was based on Gen1 cars only. The asking price reductions made over the last 3 months have been between £1k-£3k.

Sorry cross purposes on my post.... what I was try to say was fully agree there is long lead time on Sales and on the search criteria I used ( Coupe / manual / under 25k miles / anywhere in the U.K. / Turbo ) in some cases the lead time and was over to correction price by similar price % ..... but I didn't write that :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back