Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust tips - black / carbon fibre

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
silvermilnec said:
robbiej said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...666002?hash=item33e96e8352:g:AzYAAOSw63FaLpSE

So these won't fit a 997.2 turbo looks like the hole is in the wrong place

shame they look nice, I'm hating the dirty silver tips...

Damn why have you put these up😡 I've got s Kline 200cel and these would look great! I had mine re chromed last year but still fancy black.

I think the GEN 1s are slightly smaller :thumb:

Guys would anyone know if these would fit the turbo?

Chris not 100% but thought the gen1 was offset from centre joining pipe
agree don't think these fit, shame I was about to pull the plug👍

RJKflyer said:
Easto said:
Hi - can anyone point me to black chrome or carbon fibre exhaust tips.
This is for a Gen 2 turbo. I'm not entirely sure if the gen 1 ones are interchangable as I can find a few sets for gen 1.
I quite like the twin pipe look - think they call it europipe

My tips are ditched and I can't get them clean - not sure they have ever been cleaned tbh and as the car is white I'm thinking black tips will look good.

After THREE sets of OEM tips under Porsche and then Extended Warranty...

...I have Kline carbon tips on my Gen 2 turbo. Fit perfectly, OEM shape (unusual!), good service from Kline, and many months in they haven't FU'd like some other aftermarket tips I have tried.

The design has an inner metal frame and then silicone insulation to hold the heat off the carbon - and so far it works.

Am FINALLY selling the original pair of Kline tips on which I spotted a small clouding at the corners - only used for about 35miles and it's not heat related. Kline replaced them immediately without quibble (resin was too think they said) and did not want the 'defective' ones back.

Please see my add in Parts for Sale.

CarreraMonkey said:
The problem I found was that I couldn't get the oem style PSE tips in black. I really like the gen 2 GTS tips, but they're about £750 a pair.

So I didn't have much choice - I bought a set of decent used PSE tips and had them ceramic coated in their premium finish which was volcanic black. I forget the cost, but it was about £175 inc postage.

I'm pleased with the finish. Its good and being plasma vonded to the metal is very hard wearing.

http://www.zircotec.com

Do you have any pictures of them once done? I too would like to change from chrome on my gen 1 PSE tips

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back