Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can you tell what it is yet?

FZP

Thanks to a tip off from another forum member, I snaffled up a all but new indoor car cover. I've always wanted one but could never bring myself to spend £200 on a dust sheet, because, well I'm not very good at spending money on myself for non essentials
But £80 I could stomach. Gave the car a wash and finally got a chance to put it on. One happy chappy and looks the bees wax

Attachments

• 20180803_160715_1200x1600_667.jpg
    20180803_160715_1200x1600_667.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 4,724
  • 20180803_160726_1600x1200_170.jpg
    20180803_160726_1600x1200_170.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 4,724
:eek: think you may have some dust issues there! :eek:

Every week my car looks like a barn find if I don't drive it. New dropped curb going in shortly should sort that.

You got the drop on me for the car cover....... :x I just missed it. That's a great price for a nearly new cover and it looks great on the car..... :thumb:

You now need to spend some of your savings on a tin of marine deck paint to stop all that dust ....... :grin: I painted my garage floor with it over 27 years ago and it's still good in 96% of the area, just little wear in the four tyre spots because of the latent heat.

As HSC911 says your garage has got all the makings of a nice man cave.... :thumb:

Sorry about that.....it was too good to pass up. The cover was effectively unused. When I went to pick it up I checked all the elastic and they were unmarked.
As for the garage, I've been renovating the whole house, well renovating isn't the right word. I've built a new house around another house and the garage is the last thing to do. I've got to drop the curb, screed the floor as it's 70mm below finished floor level at the moment. I'm then getting guys in to put the resin type flooring down like they have in F1 factories.
As for the man cave, it's not a bad space but I'd have liked it bigger. I've converted the old kitchen into the shed for my wares and the garage will be parking only.
I've been thinking about doing a build thread, but thought perhaps it's not the right place for it on here. Anyway. Looking forward to finishing it off :thumb:

FZP said:
I've been thinking about doing a build thread, but thought perhaps it's not the right place for it on here. Anyway. Looking forward to finishing it off :thumb:

There will be more than enough interest for a build thread of your garage in the Members Lounge. Crack on I say. :thumb:

pzero said:
FZP said:

There will be more than enough interest for a build thread of your garage in the Members Lounge. Crack on I say. :thumb:

Crack on we love man cave threads!

Not a very PC heading for this subject guys and gals!!

Sarfend said:

But I don't think there are many lady owners on here who would post up a topic ' Check out my Lady Cave ' ......???🤔🤔🤔

Or am I wrong ( I'm not Pc that's for sure)

Sarfend said:
To be picky and ultra PC, it's not very PC to refer to females as "gals".

FZP said:
Sarfend said:
To be picky and ultra PC, it's not very PC to refer to females as "gals".

I think Sarfend was referring to Rolf Harris

:?: :grin:

Either way ....it's got the making of a nice cave mate!!

Just when it's done , don't make the mistake of accepting domestic overflow into it ......

I'm cleaning all the non motoring from mine AGAIN on my next trip home .........
!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back