Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nine Excellence and my 997.1 Turbo

HSC911 said:
OK...maybe look better then black :worship:

:thumb:

Agreed. I thought that black was the way forward until I saw the anthracite.

Quality looking wagon by the way.

Thanks so much, not seen them outside the parking space yet and I am away for a couple weeks but I'll take post some pictures of them in the daylight when I get back.

Wheels look cool K :thumb:

I bottled Weiss Gold recently on my BBS F1s ;)

Thanks mate, Weiss Gold is such a nice colour, I do wish I could see it on another car without a fixed wing. Maybe i'll be bold enough to try it next year :)

IMI A said:
Wheels look cool K :thumb:

I bottled Weiss Gold recently on my BBS F1s ;)

I bottled the F1s when I saw the price... :floor:

Would love a set as they are by far the best wheels I've seen on a Turbo. :cloud9: If the car is black/black I think Weiss Gold would look great. I was so close to pulling the trigger

Great write up and lovely car :cloud9:

I too had Weiss Gold suggested when I recoloured my BBS CH-Rs. But just didn't think it'd work with my Atlas Grey colour scheme. I went for GT Silver and love the result. Though the brake dust makes them look anthracite most of the time :oops:

You guys. Giggle!! Your car looks awsome btw

I went bright red. Come on some one beat me too it before I redo them in Weiss???

I too am thinking of a second set of OZs and they will be Weiss. Just gotta find a used set at a good price

Regards Faried

I like the anthracite on a BB car ..... I would like a set of these 5 stud GT2 wheels if anyone knows of a set for sale .... drop me a PM...................

Cheers New997buyer and Faried (those are your old wheels I am sure you remember😉)

911TEL thanks mate they do come up from time to time, I am sure HSC911 will keep a look out for you :)

Yeah i know,,,,u got a good deal there!

IMI A said:
They look a million dollars mate. Well done.

Are the old ones electric memory sports seats? If so if you're not keeping them could interested as I just can't get on with folding buckets. Feel I sit too high in them.

You can buy brackets to lower the fixed bucket seat so you sit lower. I'm 6'3" and I was worried when I bought them about this. I ordered the brackets from the US (it's in my build thread). They lower you about an inch.

Here is the link to the page on my thread
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97438&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=260

Looked through my thread and found the link.
http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997...t-lowering-brackets-987-997-cm-slb-detail.htm

Nice thread by the way. Only just found it.

isysman said:

Thanks mate, I still have the breaks, suspension and some interior bits to do on it but I'm enjoying the process :)

apollokre1d said:
isysman said:

Thanks mate, I still have the breaks, suspension and some interior bits to do on it but I'm enjoying the process :)

When I changed the suspension it was the final modification that made me feel like I was driving a different car. It brought all the mods together, and transformed the car to make it feel like it looked if that makes sense.

I'd recommend the Ohlins. Tech9 set up my car so well, and it's amazing to drive.

I'm still tempted to have the 9e package done on my car. But my house purchase and new Boxster means it will have to wait.

isysman said:
When I changed the suspension it was the final modification that made me feel like I was driving a different car. It brought all the mods together, and transformed the car to make it feel like it looked if that makes sense.

I'd recommend the Ohlins. Tech9 set up my car so well, and it's amazing to drive.

I'm still tempted to have the 9e package done on my car. But my house purchase and new Boxster means it will have to wait.

Thanks I am tempted by the Ohlins but I really want to retain the PASM if possible. If Bilstien don't sort themselves out soon I may just do it.

The 9e package is amazing, it also transforms the car. I have just bought three cans of race fuel so looking forward to trying it out with the updated map soon. New house is definitely a priority 😉

apollokre1d said:
isysman said:

Thanks I am tempted by the Ohlins but I really want to retain the PASM if possible. If Bilstien don't sort themselves out soon I may just do it.

The 9e package is amazing, it also transforms the car. I have just bought three cans of race fuel so looking forward to trying it out with the updated map soon. New house is definitely a priority 😉

I was the same about the PASM button. If Ohlins has made a version I would have bought it. But I never used that button anyway and now I don't care really that it's not there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back