Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Leak

INWB

Monza
Had my MOT today and as it was on the ramps I had a good look.

I have a oil leak. This is very annoying as it hasn't lost a drop since I have owned it and underneath, unlike many C4S I have seen, was as dry as a bone.

Oil!

Any ideas?

Ims / Rear main or the x2 bolts in the caseing there is what i think.

Seals fail or wear out .. not uncommon im afraid but needs the gearbox removeing + flywheel to check so 4 ish hours labour plus replaceing which ever needs doing .
Worth considering a clutch whilst your at it .

If not actually dripping on the floor then its a 3 / 5 with 4 being a drip onto the floor every few mins and 5 being dont even start it .

1-3 can be left for a while .. 4-5 cant .

deMort said:
Ims / Rear main or the x2 bolts in the caseing there is what i think.

Seals fail or wear out .. not uncommon im afraid but needs the gearbox removeing + flywheel to check so 4 ish hours labour plus replaceing which ever needs doing .
Worth considering a clutch whilst your at it .

If not actually dripping on the floor then its a 3 / 5 with 4 being a drip onto the floor every few mins and 5 being dont even start it .

1-3 can be left for a while .. 4-5 cant .

Many thanks.

Another pile of cost ! Already had £3K this year.

Oh well.

If its not dripping on the garage floor then you can leave it for a while .. ive seen far worse than that and the owners dont bother .. we tell them the same thing each year though .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back