Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster vibration when braking - 986

MarkGolf

Sao Paulo
Hi all,

My wifes Boxster has a very bad vibration when braking at speed, I'm sure its there all of the time but under 30mph and normal braking, it is not so noticeable, anything fast and the car vibrates badly. You can feel it through the steering, brake pedal and bum.

The car drives perfectly, it can happily do 120 without vibration but as soon as you touch the brakes, the car feels unsafe and vibrates like crazy.

The brake discs and pads are brand new, literally brand new, they were fitted by a garage under the ownership of the previous owner, they're pagid pads with brembo discs. I have tried to do some high speed braking in order to bed them in, incase they weren't or if there was pad deposits on the discs but this had no positive outcome.

I can only think that a bush is worn somewhere or something now? I havent had a chance to poke around the front axle as yet, assuming its the front.

Any common issues with these cars and vibrations under braking?

Your first step should be to check for any excess run out on each disc just because new discs etc have been fitted doesn`t mean to say its OK if the hub location isn`t perfectly clean it will be shown up in the disc with a DTI (Dial Test Indicator - clock gauge)

Del.

I seem to have the issue on mine 96T
I wouldn't say the vibration is extreme but definately noticeable and annoying.
Disks are only 3k old, fitted June 17 and I've not done any trackwork or really hard driving either.
Had geo, balancing looked at but was advised all looks ok and likely warped discs from possibly being fitted to a hub that wasn't 100% clear.
Not sure where I stand on this..?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back